Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

comcast ugh-grade blocking my email access?

New Poster

comcast ugh-grade blocking my email access?

have received exactly one month notice for cancellation of calendar on 12 december, with NO transition support, no recourse. loss of functionality great as it was my sole calendar

have received less than one month notice for cancellation of address book as of 31 december. loss of functionality great, as it is the only one i used

have receive absolutely NO) notice for cancellation of email as of dec 6, it is my sole and / or primary email and it is not loading.  so, Comcast, can you squeeze Xfinity for some kind of loss of service to all of us (*MANY OTHERS on forum across country report same loss of email!~!!~)?

Email Expert

Re: comcast ugh-grade blocking my email access?

Exactly what happens when you try to access the email?  Are you getting any error message?  Are you getting as far as the Inbox page or what?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

nope, just no result. sometime later it did come up.  but in the wake of the AWFUL non consensual termination of the calendar function, and then of the address book(!!!!) this DEFINITE LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY for comcast ssubscribers is nauseatingly poor customer service.  if email will not be available due to system maintenance, there should be a popul letting us know.  and as to the calendar and address book losses... i could suggest comcast provide us with free email!  how are we going to have ease of email if our address books are blank?  and why should we have to generate separate calendars when notice of appointments/ engagements is communicated via email. Good LORD what Have we come to.

Service Expert

rwilliams208 wrote:

nope, just no result. sometime later it did come up.  but in the wake of the AWFUL non consensual termination of the calendar function, and then of the address book(!!!!) this DEFINITE LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY for comcast ssubscribers is nauseatingly poor customer service.  if email will not be available due to system maintenance, there should be a popul letting us know.  and as to the calendar and address book losses... i could suggest comcast provide us with free email!  how are we going to have ease of email if our address books are blank?  and why should we have to generate separate calendars when notice of appointments/ engagements is communicated via email. Good LORD what Have we come to.

Comcast provides email free of charge.  There is no line item on your bill for email.  This is a service that is offered, but doesn't have to be.

You don't have to use webmail, unless you are accessing it from something other than your home computer.  You can use any email client such as Outlook [not Outlook.com], Thunderbird, etc.  I use Thunderbird and it has a calendar feature, but there are a number of free email clients out there to choose from.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation