Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

comcast server

New Poster

comcast server

My new iphone set up email server with IMAP instead of POP3.  now my emails on the server are not saved.  I have everything (comcast, computer and iphone) set to never delete but they do.  Why

Email Expert

Re: comcast server

iOS now detects Comcast accounts as IMAP compliant by default.  In IMAP everything is synced, so that if you delete an email on the phone it will also be deleted on any other device or computer you have the same account enabled on, using IMAP.

If you want to revert to POP3 for some reason, do this:  Start to re-create the same account on the phone  as if you were starting from scratch, using the same user ID and email address.  When you get to the screen that asks for the password, deliberately mis-type it so it's wrong by one letter or character.  Then keep going, and it will try to verify the account.  It will work for a few seconds and then come back and tell you to manually configure the account.  At that point you will be able to pick POP3 or IMAP.  Make your choice and continue on with the correct password.  Then, if you want, you can go back and delete the IMAP version of the account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon