Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

comcast. high speed connection

Regular Visitor

comcast. high speed connection

We terminated our account last week because we moved. Because I hadn't used the account for awhile, the account was disabled. I know I'm supposed to get 30 days to get emails, contacts, etc from the account. I used CHAT and the rep enabled the account. I know I have a short time to get my stuff because it could be disabled again. But when I try to get into MAIL, it says I need "Comcast High Speed Access"  to get mail.  I don't have that anymore. I living with my parents and they have Cablevision/Optimum. Any ideas?

Email Expert

Re: comcast. high speed connection

When you cancel the Comcast account, the user ID is suspended for 90 days, and is then released back into the pool of available IDs for any other customer who wants to claim it.  Unless you are again a paying Comcast subscriber, there is no way for you  to access your email account with them.  That is why you are getting that message.  Your sign-in credentials are no longer valid.  As with most ISPs, Comcast email is proprietary.  Once you are no longer a paying customer-------you cannot keep the email address/account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I chatted with an Analyst today who enabled the account but said it could stop again in a few days. I can sign into the account but my mail will not appear when I click on the icon (which has a red "4" indicating there are new messages). However, when I click on the icon I get a message that says that I must have a "Comcast High-Speed Connection". Is that just a big phrase for modem? We were told we had 30 days to get  stuff off the account. Did that mean, in actuality,  we had 30 days to turn in the modem? I am writing this from a computer hooked to Optimum. ,

Email Expert

I have no idea why they are telling you they re-enabled the account.  The email is part of a Comcast account.  It's not something they can break out as a separate entity.  The user ID for the account IS the email address.  It's not a free-standing email account like Yahoo, Outlook.com, AOL or Gmail.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Ahh, I see what you mean.  I'm call them on the phone. Whatever the rep did, the account opened again. I thought the mail was web-based and didn't need an high access connection.