Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

comcast authentication error

New Poster

comcast authentication error

I've been getting an error message for the past 2 days now about an "authentication error" while attempting to get into my e-mail.
Any solution to this issue? 

Regular Visitor

Re: comcast authentication error

There's another forum for this subject under the title "Can't access email"  This is what I posted there:

Re: Can't access email

I also cannot access my email.  It keeps trying to access then I get a message "ERROR There was an issue while authenticating. This may be due to a recent password change. To continue please log out and log back in with your most current password." I have not changed my password since there is only one password for my XFINITY account and it works to access everything except my email. I also occasionally get a message "HTTP ERROR 400 Problem accessing/service/preauth.  Reason: account is in maintenance mode." I also set up another email with Comcast as a retrieval email for emergencies.  I received one this morning on that other email from mailer-daemon@comcast.net that reads This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 6.5 hour(s):  Reason: Temporary Failure.” When I try to access my email through my cell phone I get a message that the logon failed.  I sure hope this doesn’t take long to fix.