Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

closed account and deleted email addresses

New Poster

closed account and deleted email addresses

I closed my Xfinity account, and deleted 3 of 4 for users for emails. The deleted users are back online and receiving email. How do I close the emails for good. Also when I try to click on support or my account, it sends me to a dead page saying too many redirects. 

Thanks for any help here!

Email Expert

Re: closed account and deleted email addresses

When you close or delete an account and it's user ID, it is suspended for 90 days, after which it just goes back into the pool of available IDs for any Comcast customer who wants to claim it.  The account is still running in the background----you just can't see it or get at it using the webmail UI.  However, if the account had been enabled in a desktop client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail or some other----------the account can still be used through the client.  So if those other secondary users were using a client, that would explain why they are still able to send and recieve messages.  Once the 90 day period is up though, they should lose all access.  Once in a while it happens that something goes awry in the Comcast email system and your account could have been missed.  So I'll suggest you call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account and see if something else is going on------------------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon