New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

cannot send mail from within the Comcast network using Thunderbird

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

cannot send mail from within the Comcast network using Thunderbird

We are having a weird situation here in Saratoga, CA: we can receive emails on mail.comcast.net but cannot send, as smtp.comcast.net does not respond and times out. 

What is bizarre is that when I send email from outside the Comcast cable system, but still using smtp.comcast.net everything works perfectly. Using the comcast web app also works perfectly within/without the Comcast network.

I am using STARTTLS and port 587 on both tests. This has worked perfectly for years....

What is going on ? 

Thanks,

Stefano Concina

Accepted Solution

Re: cannot send mail from within the Comcast network using Thunderbird

It is working now. Thanks to whomever fixed it !!!

Stefano

View answer in context
Tags (1)
New Poster

In Los gatos with EXACT SAME ISSUE. it's on all computer and mobile devices. When sending over cell data or another wifi network everything works which means the settings are fine. Really slow loading web email but it works. All other internet and receiving email fine. I called and was told something might be wrong and we will open a ticket and maybe let you know at some point. Smiley Sad
Frequent Visitor

It is working now. Thanks to whomever fixed it !!!

Stefano

New Poster

Mine too after rounds of reseting modem. Very disturbing and curious. Wasted a lot of time today. I need my email to work all the time.