Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

cannot receive emails at all on my comcast address

Contributor

cannot receive emails at all on my comcast address

Too make it short,  I have never been able to receive email on my Comcast account. Now it has become an issue and I need it to work can someone please help. I can send mail from it to my Gmail account but even if I click reply it disappears never shows up on my comcast.net account.  I am accessing it through my comcast account not a 3rd party server so all addressing and settings are default.  No other mail programs have been setup to access it and clear the messages.  I have never received one email  in my comcast account in all the years I have been a customer. The reply address is correctuser@comcast.net so it makes no sense.  I  have searched the forums and cannot find another instance that matches mine, nor any of the solutions that would work for me, of course I have been known to be way wrong.

Email Expert

Re: cannot receive emails at all on my comcast address

Where are you seeing the "Reply to" address?  Neither the old nor the new email formats in Comcast have any provision for using a Reply-to address.  Have you tried sending yourself an email from some other, non-Comcast account you have?  If so does it go through OK?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Email Expert
Moved:

Contributor

I can send email from comcast account and I did.  Sent myself an email at gmail that I read with windows live mail and then hit the reply button and sent it back to comcast account.  I determined what the return address was by looking in my sent mail folder in windows live mail, and it is the same address as my account ID. BTW the reply from windows live through gmail never appeared in comcast.net account.

Contributor

OK so I don't know how but it's fixed.  After waiting on hold for security assurance(8885654329) or whatever it's called for 32 min and 32 seconds and being hung up on by same without even saying "Boo".  This was  after the first level of comcast technical assistants (who I think might be the one who fixed it) gave up having exhausted her available options without any emails appearing anywhere.  She said "wait I'll transfer and explain to them your problem and what's been done so far,  but just in case here's their number."  she came back after 2 min's and said it was taking to long and she had to go they where not allowed to wait any longer and that I should use that number she gave me.  I grumbled that I did'nt feel like waiting on hold any more than she did but agreed and hung up.  Called them and waited on hold as I said for 32 mins until a human picked up the phone (I could heart voices in the background someone had the connection) paused 5 seconds and then hung up.  Called comcast direct to a rep again told them what had been done to me and could they help get someone to answer the phone she agreed and we waited 20 mins together, me on hold her apparently talking to other techs while waiting for the Uber techs to answer, thank god, cause she came back on(after 20 mins) and said they still have'nt answered but have you checked your mail forwarding option at comcast, "no I said" she said check it and I did it was set to forward email to my gmail account.  I cleared it and opened up gmail to find 5 test emails from comcast sent to my email at comcast beginning at 420ishpm in my gmail box.  Note thats it only 5 out of the 25 I must have sent in the last 24 hours.  Like I said the first outsourced  technical assistant must have fixed it somehow but we did'nt notice because of the forwarding option.  so after an HOUR on hold it's fixed, and that hour is what I was trying to avoid by coming to the forums, silly me should have bit the bullet years ago and made the call but as I said it wasn't important then.  So in spite of a 3 stooges skit,  an hour of my life I'll never get back, and 60 less minutes left on my cell phone this month,  they fixed it.  thank you comcast,  please take some of that large pile of money we customers send you every month and hire more/better tech reps to handle the phones, you obviously need the bodies.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation