Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

cannot get mail

Frequent Visitor

cannot get mail

all of a sudden my email account stopped working. My iPhone 5s says cannot get mail user name or password for comcast email is incorrect. I am getting a password request in outlook on my laptop as well. Is the comcast server down or something?

Email Expert
New Poster

Re: cannot get mail

I am completely sick of Comcast. I cannot access my email either and the Comcast chat representative service is a joke. It's like they take 5 minutes between obviously scripted responses, until you finally get sick of waiting and end the chat. I'm really close to finding another provider. I absolutely hate Comcast at this point.

New Poster

mine is doing the same. says it is internal server and is working on it. my kindle and laptop the same. i have important emails coming in so i had to let my contacts know to send to another email until this is fixed. you might want to do that for awhile, if you have no other email. get gmail or outlook for awhile. i hate this as much as you.

Frequent Visitor

Roger That!  Same issue here in Tucson.  Just another reason Comcast just can not keep a consistant level of servie to its customers.  They fail at consistance and then never address it.  If you try calling, you get some off-shore broken dialect speaking person 3,0000 miles away who has no clue about your issue and just wants to restart your modem?  I believe we all know how to do that, so why bother.  This situation is much like the X1 Boxes failing nationwide.  Comcast is silent, no communication except the following n otice if you go to your web email account and get this message which is dated three years ago.     

Comcast has the worst customer satisfaction rating in the industry and they keep trying to keep it that way!!!

(NOTICE)

Email and voice mail are currently unavailable.

Some customers may experience problems accessing email and voicemail through the Xfinity Connect Communications Center at this time. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

3 months ago

New Poster

Sometimes there are server/network issues that are not known to Comcast until a customer advises them that there are problems. (I speak from many years of working on networks/servers/etc.)  This is no different than when you lose power after a storm or someone clobbers an electrical pole!  Give them a break! I'm sure they are working as hard/fast as they can to resolve the issue ....

(Oh, and the 3 months ago message? That probably because it is reading a date the message was originally created, not the date it was posted!)

New Poster

Good luck getting ay help. You call Comcast and you get some person reading from a script in the Phillipines like I just did. They cannot help you, just thell you there is an outage somewhre and they have no time or date when it would be fixed. Typical for Comcast cusomter servce. You can never get anyone in the U.S. I have also had several brief outages just now of my HD TV. On Super Bowl Sunday!

Regular Visitor

Same here. Called Comcast for help. Nice fellow in Mexico helped to reset my password. Still no help. Keep getting "wrong username or password". C'mon, Comcast, I need e-mail to work today!
New Poster

Same here. Service stinks..

New Poster

Did anyone get an ETA from Comcast on when the email will be back up?

Doesn't Comcast monitor and respond to these posts or are they happy if we trash their service online?