Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

cancel "ask" from our cp

Regular Visitor

cancel "ask" from our cp

Ask has  overpowered our xfinity search engine  and taken over and made a mess of our" Google enhansed"   search. a  phone call to comcast was no help. the  reply  was to drop Internet Explorer and  switch to another broswer. l.All I wanted was information  on how to fix  this problem. I can't be the only  person having this problem.

Service Expert

Re: cancel "ask" from our cp

jcbb wrote:

Ask has  overpowered our xfinity search engine  and taken over and made a mess of our" Google enhansed"   search. a  phone call to comcast was no help. the  reply  was to drop Internet Explorer and  switch to another broswer. l.All I wanted was information  on how to fix  this problem. I can't be the only  person having this problem.

ASK is a toolbar seach engine..... go into your browser's toolbars and unselect it as an active toolbar....  if you wish, you can uninstall it in its entirety by goint into Add/Remove Programs in a WIndows Operating System.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon