Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

canNot send emails to anyone at verizon.net

Frequent Visitor

canNot send emails to anyone at verizon.net

this may sound stupid, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. 

I use Outlook for email.  All emails sent are received by recipient, except any address@verizon.net.

All looks good with no error messages.

If I send an email from on-line xfinity....verizon recipients receive it.

Something is going on between outlook and xfinity(comcast, whatever you want to call it)for verizon addresses only.     Can anyone give some info on why this could be happening?

Receive from verizon fine through comcast and outlook......just not send from outlook.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: canNot send emails to anyone at verizon.net

jappic wrote:

this may sound stupid, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. 

I use Outlook for email.  All emails sent are received by recipient, except any address@verizon.net.

All looks good with no error messages.

If I send an email from on-line xfinity....verizon recipients receive it.

Something is going on between outlook and xfinity(comcast, whatever you want to call it)for verizon addresses only.     Can anyone give some info on why this could be happening?

Receive from verizon fine through comcast and outlook......just not send from outlook.

This comes up once in while. The problem is probably that your IP address is listed in the Cloudmark CSI list, meaning that they think your address has a "poor reputation". There's certainly a reason for being listed there (maybe like sending spam), but not knowing their criteria I can't say how valid the reason is. But you should definitely consider the possiblity that your computer has been compromised and has a spambot running on it, or that your wireless is being hijacked. There's a delisting request form at http://csi.cloudmark.com/reset-request/ ; I don't know how responsive they'll be to a request from a user. In the past Comcast mods have facilitated delisting requests.

Here's how it works. Verizon use the CSI. They look for listed IP addresses in the Received: lines of the header. If they find one, they just silently throw the email away.

A workaround is to use webmail to send to Verizon because your IP address doesn't show up in a Received: line then, it shows up in a different header line.

There's an account of someone getting things sorted out with Verizon on their own here:
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Solution-to-Verizon-Blocks-Email/m-p/10...

New Poster

I had the same problem with emails to Verizon and (at least) one other domain. The problem is the mac setting on the router is being rejected as "suspicious" by Verizon. The (simple) solution is to change the mac setting on your router to match (there might be a button that says "clone") your pc's mac address. Once you do that, turn eveything off; power cycle the modem and router and you'll be good to go. It worked for me...and I was really nervous about doing it.

Service Expert

Closing an 18-month-old thread.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon