Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

can't delete emailt to trash; "counterfeit" windows comes up: LARGE DISPLAY; and others.

New Poster

can't delete emailt to trash; "counterfeit" windows comes up: LARGE DISPLAY; and others.

A couple of days ago I got on my windows 7 and saw a notice that it was a "counterfeit" version;  also noticed my deceased wife's photo on my home page was gone; also displays surfing internet and MSN page were EXTRA LARGE: and my email page won't "delete" nuisance ads to "trash"...what's happening and can anyone help, please???

Admin1

Re: can't delete emailt to trash; "counterfeit" windows comes up: LARGE DISPLAY; and others.

Hi cafal -- I'm having our email team look into this issue. Once they review, they will reach out about how to resolve this. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Admin1

Re: can't delete emailt to trash; "counterfeit" windows comes up: LARGE DISPLAY; and others.

Can you also provide the URL you are trying to access? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Also just noticed there's no button to enter a new outgoing email.  Comcast??  Anyone know what's going on??  I personally bought this Windows 7 Home Premium many years ago, how can it all of a sudden be catagorized as "not genuine" (counterfeit)???

Admin1

We can help answer those questions if you can provide the URL you're trying to use for email. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I've also noticed that where I once had a "NEW" button on my email page to send out an email, it's now gone!  How do I send emails???   And emails are piling up from advertisers in my inbox because the DELETE button doesn't send unwanted or read messages to my TRASH folder.  I just keep clicking DELETE and absolutely nothing happens.  Anybody having similar troubles or any solution.   Comcast ???

Admin1

We can help but we need to know what URL (website) you're doing this from. In other words, where are you going to access your email? We're needing that one piece of information and we can look into this. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.