Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

can not get to my email

New Poster

can not get to my email

why is it that I have internet connection but i can not access my email or my voicemails I'm so fed up with this company !!!

Email Expert

Re: can not get to my email

What happens when you try to access the email?  Are you getting as far as the Inbox page?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi, I am having same problem - not getting to my email through Internet Explorer.  Started about a week ago, and I can't think why, or what I did to change it...I log in OK, and then when I click on EMail, it just brings me back to home page...even when the tab at top shows "(4) New EMails" (or whatever number is new)....it won't bring me to the actual email page...I have noticed that even tho I am logged in correctly, there will be, what looks like an advertisement bar, at the top that says something like:  due to inactivity you have been logged out of Comcast/Xfinity, please log in again....but I am already logged in, and I haven't been "inactive"...just don't understand....Can you advise anything?  Thanks! 

Contributor

Same here - it's been atrocious most of the day here. Would be nice if Comcast let us know when there is a problem, instead of having to dig burrow and beg to find out what is going on.

Started with being unable to send/receive on Outlook, without a shutdown/restart of Outlook.

Now, trying webmail, since restarting Outlook every 2 minutes is really not a viable option. I can log into Comcast/Xfinity and I can see I have email, but trying to get that page only gives the endless whirling circle.

Not useful.

GRRRR

Frequent Visitor

I am gonna call them tomorrow...I just hate calling them, it's usually a waste of my time....

I was finally able to read emails when I logged in through Chrome....but I don't like Chrome and want my email back the way it was, through IE.  If I get any kind of answer from them, I will post it here.  Thanks for commiserating!

Email Expert

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser. eg: if you are using Internet Explorer, try Chrome or Firefox.

Also, you could try switching from the Full version of Xfinity Connect to the Lite version. Go to Preferences>>>>General, and see which one you're using now. Full is the default. Select the Lite version.

As a temporary work-around, you could try using the very basic m.comcast.net/m---just type that into your address bar while signed in to the account, and hit return.

If you are using IE 10 or 11, make sure Compatibility mode is enabled for comcast.net. You will find it in IE under "Tools". 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks - but I am no novice. I tried all the usual tricks, including multiple browsers before ever posting here.

Please note that I said the problem exists NOT just with webmail, so your lengthy list is not applicable.

Frequent Visitor

Hi, thanks for info.....I am trying all your suggestions now.