Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

can i take my email if i sign up for a new account if the old account is still active

New Poster

can i take my email if i sign up for a new account if the old account is still active

I have been living at my house for over 10 years on my families comcast account and am moving in a few months.  I believe they may keep the comcast service we have in the house and when i move i would like to have Comcast but was wondering if i could migrate my email account from the old comcast account to the new one im starting on my own?

Email Expert

Re: can i take my email if i sign up for a new account if the old account is still ac

You are supposed to be able to do that.  If you are currently a secondary account user though, whoever the primary account holder is actually owns your email account, and they would have to transfer it to you.  This may involve both of you going to a Comcast service location.  Start by calling the number on the bill and go from there.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon