Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

anyone else having problems opening their emails tonight?

New Poster

Re: anyone else having problems opening their emails tonight?

Yup, No email working here today either since this afternoon. Macomb, michigan here... get it together comcast.

Regular Visitor

was 111 in line and now received this msg "We are experiencing heavy chat volume, please expect extended wait times"

New Poster

Yep! emails will not open! cannot understand why Comcast seems to have problems so often!

New Poster

Yes!   And I tried to start a chat (supposedly available 24/7) to find out the problem and an ETA on the solution.   Apparently, this is not within the 24/7 window, because they are not accepting chat requests!

New Poster

Glad I'm not alone!! GRRRRRR! For me too, it's Comcast or Comcast, no FIOS. Hope it's fixed soon!!!!

New Poster

Yes, I have been having problems all night.  Can't open any emails.  Comcast is not accepting any Chat conversations either, to find out what is going on.

New Poster

Same here in Maryland - email not downloading with outlook or with webmail since 5pm eastern

New Poster

Yes.  The content won't load. 

New Poster

yes i cant open my email messages.

New Poster

Cannot open email.  Have had endless problems since this new "great...." system was instituted by Xfinity.  It stinks!

New Poster

Yes, all night. Wheel of death
Regular Visitor

Yo Comcast, how about at least an acknowledgment you are aware of this issue and/or God forbid an UPDATE on what's going on. Understood that sh** happens, but having no email for hours--and you guys just disappearing (no chat, no phone, no updates) really stinks. (Thank goodness you made me clean up all my bad words, we'd certainly hate to do anything to damage the customer experience.)

Contributor

I can read my emails content now, but I am not receiving new emails yet. I sent a test email; sending emails tonight didn't seem to be a problem, just reading the content and receiving them.  

Regular Visitor

Yes here in FL all night. Email won't open.Really!!!
New Poster

Comcast Email is fried.  Could it be the damage from this overnight hack?

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=4971129

New Poster

Very frustrating.

New Poster

I agree that Comcast should have the email blackout posted.  Possibly not everyone is experiencing this issue, though as I understand it while talking with a tech earlier in the day, the blackout is not restricted to one geographical area.  From my perspective both the sales rep and tech were adequate.  A posting of an ETA of when the software fix is expected would be appreciated.  Even, if the time is currently known, a corporate announcement that the problem is known and being worked on would lend some transparency and maybe elicit some sympathy from the customers.

New Poster

Good old Comcast. As several other people have noted, they cannot be bothered to put out a notification. It is apparently only affecting certain e-mail addresses, assuming problems with one or more servers. I cannot even send e-mails using webmail, let alone Outlook.

New Poster

I can now receive and open emails, but concerned that there's a gap of 2-3 hours when emails may have been sent, but still not 'received' on my end.  (Example: I 'sent' a 'test' email to myself around 7:00pm EST and it still hasn't been 'received.'  And it does show in my 'sent' email box. Concerned that many of us may have emails in a 'black hole' somewhere.  How will we ever know.....?!?!?  It's kinda like when my snail mail USPS mail carrier puts paper mail in my box, when it should have gone to a neighbor....

Contributor

I am seeing the same thing brentwood281.  I have received a few test emails I sent to myself, but they are coming through in dribs and drabs, and very late.  I just sent one at 11:09 p.m. and it still has not arrived 20 minutes later.  I assume they have a backlog of emails from when you could not receive anything and are clearing it out.  That sounds like a logical reason.  It would be nice if Comcast communicated this type information to us, but then again....it's Comcast.

New Poster

Had problems late afternoon through late night.  Fear I may have lost some incoming emails for a 2-3 hour gap.  

New Poster

Email inbox or folders wont open at all - nobody anywhere on the food chain who could care at all will read this, but I will go ahead and bidch and moan here anyway. since the new format came out email access has been flaky at best and when it is accessible it is abysmally slooooow !

Official Employee

Hello kriegrelic, this issue has been fixed. We had an known problem occur but it has been resolved. Please reach out if you are experiencing continued issues. 

New Poster

I can open email only if I quit Safari and then open it again.

Frequent Visitor

Seriously... tonight??  How about all during the day and night since they introduced the 'new email'.  The new email freezes up consistently and I'm forced to stare at the Xfinity 'home page' for a couple of minutes until I can access my email!  Before, I could bypass Xfinity Home page to access my email.  Do they honestly think I could give a sh*t about their news forum, advertising, or movies that I cannot cirmcumvent in order to get to my email?   

Regular Visitor

agree

New Poster

Yes. Tried to have an online chat but wait was too long.

New Poster

This happened to me last week and now today. Last week I deleted all the emails on Comcast site and all was well. Now I cannot delete all the emailas there are some that I need and cannot download using Thunderbird or Outlook. Here are the messages I get from each one. This is getting real boring. Comcast please fix your email servers?

ThunderBird:

The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail server mail.comcast.net responded: Message 45 expunged.

OutLook:

Task 'mail.comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted.  If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Regular Visitor

I certainly have.  I tried to reboot my laptop but that didn't seem to do any good.  I guess I'll just wait until later, as they suggested.

New Poster

I can't even log in. As soon as my 2 year agreement is up, I'm finding a cheaper & more reliable co. for service.

New Poster

Yep not working here, seems like its always down when you need it the most. If I got a refund for eveytime this happens I would have at least one free month. Someone from Comcast called me and was sending me some new gear for my internet, said 8 to 10 days never heard from them again....sigh. Wish someone else would come in to the picture with a better and faster internet connection for alot less money.

Regular Visitor

Yes I am having issues with my emails opening up tonight