Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

adobe flash and xfinity

New Poster

adobe flash and xfinity

When I try to play a video on the xfinity home page it says I need to upgrade Adobe flash player.  I have done this several times but still get this message.  The flash player does work on Youtube.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: adobe flash and xfinity

Which browser/version do you use?  What is the Version of the Flash Player you have now?

Did you restart your PC after installing the flash player?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

My browser is IE, I have deleted Adobe Flash and re-downloaded the latest version, 10.3-- Still get the same message when I try to play a video on comcast, xfinity.

I didn't restart my computer after the last download.  I'll try that.  Thanks so much--hope this works.

Gold Problem Solver

Please check which version of Internet Explorer Eg:  IE8 or IE9) you have & post that too.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Problem Solver

Hi CC & Anon, there's quite an extensive thread in BBR about this new update to flash..  After reading it in part, I decided to hold off on the update.   I do have flash set to notify me of updates..

Vista 32bit, still at IE8.. Smiley Wink

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25855717-Adobe-Flash-Player-10.3-released-new-Privacy-Controls-~sta...

ciao, bj

EDIT~~ I was reading in another area and came across the following page..  Is it of any assistance?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

ciao, bj

Silver Problem Solver

BJ,

I have the latest flash installed with both IE9 and FF 4.1 no problems here. Except for the fact that when going to "global settings" the setting to delete LSO's doesn't stick. Everything else seems to be ok.

Problem Solver

Hi Paraniod,

I just checked that link to the dslreports site, and apparently Adobe has issued another update.. The current version is --  10.3.181.16.

I think I'll hold off a while with the update, I just received a notification through Windows Update that IE9 is available for download to my Vista machine..  Will put that one on the back burner also.Smiley Wink

ciao, bj

Gold Problem Solver

Hi There BJ-

I have XP, not Vista, but I do have Version 10.3.181.16 installed. No problems with it with XP.

Can't upgrade to IE9 tho, since I have XP.

Shopping soon for a new PC

CC

Silver Problem Solver

BlueJay wrote:

Hi Paraniod,

I just checked that link to the dslreports site, and apparently Adobe has issued another update.. The current version is --  10.3.181.16.

Thanks, I always disable the auto updater, I'm still on 10.3.181.14. I'll have to try the latest!

New Poster

I have IE 9

Regular Visitor

I had the same problem.  I call Comcast and the problem is that the Adobe Flash Player is not available for the IE-9 64-bit version.  I changed to the 32-bit version of IE-9 and the problem was resolved.  If the 32 bit version is in your program file, switch to that.  If not, call Comcast and ask them how to switch to that version.

Frequent Visitor

Me too. I get Adobe everytime I turn on my computer for the first time.

win7 home edition 64 bit/IE9

Contributor

Adobe still has not put out a 64bit version of Flash. It does not exist yet.

New Poster

I can not downlod adobe flash player helpe me

Problem Solver

Please explain what happens or what messages you get when you try to download Adobe Flashplayer and what bowser and what version of windows are you using.

New Poster

I am using Firefox browser and I encountered the same problem but I believe I have a fix.

When Flash 19 is installed it defaults to high security settings. If you go to the "Add-ons" and clibk on "More" under Shockwave Flash you will see a box checked for "Enable Adobe flash protected mode".

This box should be unchecked, exit the browser, and restart the browser.

Read the "Learn More..." information and it tells you what the problem may be.

Login to Xfinity, try watching a streaming video with ads (commercials) and it should play without problems.

Administrator
Administrator
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

I had this problem all weekend until I stumbled onto the answer in an Adobe support forum. I imagine you've already updated flash, and enabled it in settings? If not, make sure it's enabled. I had done those 2 steps, and was still getting the Flash incompatability screen when I tried to stream TV or movies on my PC, and I had the current versions of Flash and Chrome, and it was enabled - there is one more thing you need to do.

Go to: chrome://flags/#prefer-html-over-flash

And make sure that that setting is "Disabled" - when you change it to disabled, it will prompt you to restart your browser Click that, Chrome relaunches, and you should be able to stream video on Chrome. I was very ticked off after I had tried numerous times re-downloading and installing the current version of flash, and updating my Chrome browser to version 60.

You should be good to go!