Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

address books

Regular Visitor

address books

With the so-called "improved" email service, I seem to have two address books.  One that I make and delete entries.  And a  second that, unwanted by me, the "system" adds addresses on people who SEND me emails and addresses  I enter on outgoing mails that are not in the first address book.  The second only shows up when I am searching for addresses.  How do I get rid of the second, garbage filled, address book or list???

Email Expert

Re: address books

What you are referring to is called "Collected addresses".  It's a pretty common feature in most webmail programs.  To enable or disable it, on the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen, then on Settings.  Under Mail Settings>>>>>Common, you will see the option to disable the feature for either incoming or outgoing messages.  Right here----------------

Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 10.44.05 AM.jpg

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation