Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

address book duplicates

New Poster

address book duplicates

Address Book show duplicates addresses for all entries. How can I delete the duplicates other than one at a time?

Email Expert

Re: address book duplicates

Are you still in the old email format or the new one?  To tell, look at the URL in the address bar.  If it says Zimbra you are in the old one, if it says Appsuite you are in the new one.  If you still have Zimbra, on the Inbox page open the Address Book, and on the landing page you will see the option to de-dup the address book.  If you are in the new format, there is no provision for de-dupping by yourself.  Post back if you are on the new one and I will escalate this to the forum admins.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I too have MANY duplicates in >600 addresses. I would GREATLY love to have the de-dup function back as it used to be. Going through addresses 1 by 1 is a royal pain. But If Comcast can't or won't help to reistall the function as it was in the "zimbra" version, then let me know if that's my only option. Thank you for your advocacy on this issue.

Email Expert

drbobingv wrote:

I too have MANY duplicates in >600 addresses. I would GREATLY love to have the de-dup function back as it used to be. Going through addresses 1 by 1 is a royal pain. But If Comcast can't or won't help to reistall the function as it was in the "zimbra" version, then let me know if that's my only option. Thank you for your advocacy on this issue.

I have reported your post to the forum admins for follow-up.  Hopefully, you will see a response here.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I am in the new version and need to know how to remove duplicate addresses in address book

Email Expert

wrote:

I am in the new version and need to know how to remove duplicate addresses in address book

It appears that you have to delete them manually.  There is no de-duping function in the new format.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon