Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

adding abbreviated hyperlink in email message

Frequent Visitor

adding abbreviated hyperlink in email message

After copying and pasting a hyperlink (URL) in an email, I am able to highlight it and the "chain" will no longer be

grayed out.  A "box" appears - "Insert/Edit Link" which shows three items to complete:

Link URL

Target

Title

At the bottom of the box is Insert (which remains grayed out, no matter what I try) and Cancel.

I am thinking if that Insert/Edit Link box is able to be completed, instead of the complete sometimes very long hyperlink or URL showing in an email that is sent, I could use a "title".  Unfortunately, the "Insert" option of the box that pops up after clinking on the "chain" remains grayed out, so that is not the case.

What can be done so that a long, long hyperlink (URL) is not included in an email, instead a title of choice is given so the receiver of the email can just click on that to view the web page I want to send?

Thanks for any suggestions

Email Expert

Re: adding abbreviated hyperlink in email message

Rather than trying to do a copy and paste in the body of the message, use the Link icon in the toolbar on the Compose page.  You should see this----------------------

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 1.43.06 PM.jpg

When you have pasted the url into the top box, it will also populate the one for Text to display.  Just highlight it and type in the text you want to eliminate it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the response.

Unless I copy and paste the URL in the body of the email I am composing and then highlight it, the "link" icon on the tool bar remains grayed out, so I can not use the link icon as you are suggest as an alternative.

Email Expert

Then you are still in the old email format.  The method you described is the only way to make it work.  At some point you will be migrated to the new format, and what I posted should then work for you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon