Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

add space or delete the largest items?

Regular Visitor

add space or delete the largest items?

My email usage quota is at 99% How can I add space or delete the largest items?

Email Expert

Re: add space or delete the largest items?

I'm curious------how many emails do you have in the account?  Remember that it includes all folders except Trash and Spam, and any external accounts you might have enabled in it.  It also includes any secondary accounts you have set up, and all folders in those.

There is no way to buy more storage in the webmail for a residential account.  You would need to get a business class account to do that.  So the logical alternative is to  delete some emails.  How you delete messages depends really on how many you want to get rid of at the same time.  You can use the little checkbox at the top of the message list to select all the messages on the page displayed and then delete them using the Delete button in the toolbar.  That will take out either 50 or 100 (I forget which) at a time.  Remember too that you have the ability to empty individual folders you created, by right-clciking on them and then using the "Empty Folder" option.  Then there is what I call the nuclear option-------you can wipe out the entire Inbox in one fell swoop if you like----------------------

From the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>General>>>>>Versions. Full is the default. Click on Lite to set it. It will save automatically. Go back to Email. In the Folders pane to the left, click on "Edit". Then you will see the checkbox to clean out the Inbox folder. Just keep in mind that you can't undo this operation. Once you do it, everything is gone permanently.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon