New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection

Regular Visitor

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection

Hello All,

Is anybody else getting this error message?  Anybody know why?  Any known fixes?

I am running:

• Windows 8.1
  • Windows Live Mail (but also see the problem using Outlook 2010)
  • Only see the problem with my IMAP account, POP accounts have not had the problem.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Details:

The server did not respond to this IMAP command before the connection was terminated.

Configuration:

Account: *******

Server: imap.comcast.net

User name: ******

Protocol:

IMAP Port: 993

Secure(SSL): 1

Code: 800ccc0f

New Poster

Re: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection

I am also getting this Same Error message and would Appreciate any Help you can give on resolving it.

Bruce.

Regular Visitor

Unfortunately I have not been able to resolve the problem and Comcast has not been of any help.  All I can do is tell you what did not work for me.

- I called customer service and he tried resynching the mail server (not sure what that actually is), he was sure this would work, it did not resolve the issue.

- I was told to reinstall windows live mail, I did and that did not resolve the issue at all

- Turned off the firewall and email virus scanning, no improvement

- Increased and decreased lenght of server timeouts, no improvement

I have discovered that I get the error message with windows live mail and Oultlook 2010 but not with the windows mail app that comes with windows 8.

I have also found that I only get the error with my imap accounts.

Very frustrating......

New Poster

arnermd I am having the exact same problem, and have tried all of the things you did.  Have you ever found a solution?  The Windows Mail App stinks.