Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

New Poster

Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

This only apears on the zfinity home page and on both internet explorer 11 and Edge on windows 10?

"Your browser is currently out of date. For security reasons, please update now or download a new web browser."

Email Expert

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

Do you have both browsers set to accept automatic updates?  Or have you manually checked for them?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Same issue here. Both IE11 and Edge are set to automatic updates and indicate both are up to date. still recieve the message "Your browser is currently out of date. For security reasons, please update now or download a new web..." when I go to my.xfinity.com

New Poster

I'm getting the same thing on my Windows 7 Home Premium laptop with IE 11.  EVERYTHING is up to date, no viruses or malware detected but it replaces the Xfinity toolbar with this banner and you must go thru many more steps to get to your email...this ain't right and there seems to be little discussion anywhere on the web to offer a solution.  I've did the compatability suggestion, my updates are current and automatic so where does this banner come from that directs you to "Browse Happy.com wesite for upgrades you don't need.  Can't find any software loaded that contains this adware maybe?  Please help or I'm just going to stop using Comcast as my homepage out of aggrevation.  Thanks in advance

Email Expert

@wvbigdog wrote:

I'm getting the same thing on my Windows 7 Home Premium laptop with IE 11.  EVERYTHING is up to date, no viruses or malware detected but it replaces the Xfinity toolbar with this banner and you must go thru many more steps to get to your email...this ain't right and there seems to be little discussion anywhere on the web to offer a solution.  I've did the compatability suggestion, my updates are current and automatic so where does this banner come from that directs you to "Browse Happy.com wesite for upgrades you don't need.  Can't find any software loaded that contains this adware maybe?  Please help or I'm just going to stop using Comcast as my homepage out of aggrevation.  Thanks in advance

It doesn't sound like it's coming from Comcast.  I've never seen it myself.  Do you have your pop-up blocker enabled?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Yes I do have the PUB turned on, and on this computer only it will say the browser is outdated any way I try to get to my email even after I sign in under the account page.  It will also prevent any of the news inforamtion pictures or video's from sh owing as well on the homepage.  It's very odd for sure.

Email Expert

@wvbigdog wrote:

Yes I do have the PUB turned on, and on this computer only it will say the browser is outdated any way I try to get to my email even after I sign in under the account page.  It will also prevent any of the news inforamtion pictures or video's from sh owing as well on the homepage.  It's very odd for sure.

Since it's only on that one machine--------------

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

What a horrible response.  Whenever you get the "use a different browser" response, just ignore them, they are of zero use here.  That is not a solution.  I have the exact same problem on my Windows 10 Laptop.  Just this one machine with the latest browser installed.  It works however with edge, but I hate edge.  

Clearing cache does not fix it, and it was working previously, so to say use another browser does not explain why now, does it not work, especially since it lists the appropriate browser supported as the one installed.

Anyone find a fix for this yet?

Official Employee

This usually occurs when IE has Compatiblity Mode turned on.

Please turn off Compatibility Mode, and remove Comcast.net or Xfinity.com from the compatibility lists. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Nope I already did that, I blew away the cash etc.  I even uninstalled IE and re-installed it and just my browser.  I am not sure why out of no where, this occurs.  I never even had compatibility mode enabled.  I even tried developer mode to spoof the correct version as I read an article that sometimes it will report there that the version read was IE 10 and sure enough it was showing IE 10 when I used a browser site that reports what browser your using (https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/)  but nope.  That did not fix it.  Very odd.

Official Employee

Do you have an ad blockers or toolbars? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I do not run any addon plugins for my browsers as far as tool bars are concerned just stock browser. Windows defender is the only program that may run some app/browser control.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation