Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity has stopped working

New Poster

Xfinity has stopped working

I keep getting messages..."Xfinity has stopped working due to long script" OR " Internet Explorer has stopped working". This happened frequently on my older Dell PC...it was repaced in January with a new PC...these 2 messages occur several times per hour...sometimes best thing to do is log off...this problem is very annoying...doesnt seem to occur when using Google Chrome  How can these problems be fixed?

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity has stopped working

Grunt0331 wrote:

I keep getting messages..."Xfinity has stopped working due to long script" OR " Internet Explorer has stopped working". This happened frequently on my older Dell PC...it was repaced in January with a new PC...these 2 messages occur several times per hour...sometimes best thing to do is log off...this problem is very annoying...doesnt seem to occur when using Google Chrome  How can these problems be fixed?

Different Browsers handle decoding of html & scripts differently... if Chrome is working for you, continue to use it as your browser of choice on the Xfinity website.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Xfinity has stopped working

This answer doesn't solve the problem-I like IE and will change providers that seem to be uncaring about issues affecting the service of its customers. This issue needs to be resolved.  I have a dell and have had tech support go over my computer with a fine tooth comb and they have determined that it is Xfinity's fault.