Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Internet blocking certain email

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Internet blocking certain email

For some reason i can not get my work exchange email to come through on Wifi to either my phone or tablet (Iphone or Surface).  Any thoughts on why this would be blocked?  If i turn off Wifi, the email comes through on my phone just fine.  I do not think it is an exchange issue because my previous Comcast WIFI worked fine, it has only started happening after my move last month.  

Thanks. 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Internet blocking certain email

I am having the same issue ever since installing our new Cisco dpc3941t router.  I work in IT and have done all the troubleshooting possible on my end and at work.  This is 100% an issue with this router (firewall possbily?)  I've called Comcast for the last week and finally tonight was almost at the firewall team and my call was ended somehow.  I work from home often and this is not just an inconvenience for me.  I don't have hours to spend on the phone each evening trying to get this resolved.  If there are any Support folks on here that can actually remedy my issue, please try to get a hold of me as soon as possible, thanks.

Service Expert

Residential email doesn't use MS Exhange.  If you're a business class customer, you need to be posting in the business class forums.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Why do I need to be a business customer to get emails from my job?  It worked fine with my old hardware and I was never told I needed to be a business customer?  I'm not hosting an exchange server from my house, I'm just trying to retrieve emails from an Exchange email account.