Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Home and Email Pages

Contributor

Xfinity Home and Email Pages

Comcast has asked for feedback regarding the new homepage - and I've given them plenty.  The problem is that I've not received any responses to said feedback.  Here are some:

1. Way too much wasted space at the top of the page
  2. After clicking on a link from Top Headlines, one click on the back button does not take me "home", multiple clicks are necessary
  3. Everything on the page is huge - it takes 18 scrolls of the mouse wheel to advance to the bottom of the page
  4. When I receive new emails, a red number appears adjacent to the envelope (continue reading on why this is a problem)
  5. Upon clicking on the envelope, I'm taken to the email homepage where it says "Hello, Guest", even though I'm signed into the xfinity homepage
  6. On the email homepage, I open, review, and file or delete all new emails
  7. Upon closing the email homepage tab, I return to the xfinity homepage where a red number still appears adjacent to the envelope, even after refreshing the page numerous times.

I'm using IE 11 on a Windows 10 machine and am wondering if anyone else is having these same kind of problems.

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Home and Email Pages

I can open and close email but have to do it with many clicks of the mouse and then it always goes to a refresh page.  Also when read emails it always shows Guest instead of my name even though I am signed in.

For me I have a lot of Comcast not responding and have to use Task Manager to end the task and then sign back in.  Then I have a lot of long script running which I have to reboot to get rid of and then it comes right back.  Someone keeps telling me to clear history and cookies.  This happens when everything is either cleared or not.  I clear cookies and history every time I close out.   I am getting tired of paying Comcast's high prices and having nothing but problems.  I have had techs out and of course they can't find anything wrong.  The lines are over 15 years old and have never been changed by Comcast and they say they will have someone check into that but to date nothing has been done.  It does no good to complain either by phone or email.  Hate to even do it by phone because generallly whoever you talk to you can't understand them and when you do it by computer it takes forever to connect with them and then they keep saying the same thing over and over.

AT&T is no better because I hear people complain about them too.  When you have two big giants they can do what they want and customers gee  who cares about them because there is no one else to compete with them.