Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Home Page Causes Freeze

New Poster

Xfinity Home Page Causes Freeze

For the past 90-100 days my MacPro (2013) has been freezing up when using any commonly used browser, if I have the Xfinity Home Page open. I tried many times to find the source of the problem and I resolved the issue by not opening the Xfinity Home Page when I open a browser. I started this a few days ago and my computer has not frozen even once, except when I had the Xfinity Home Page open. This indicates to me that my freezing problem is due to a bug in the Home Page. Accordingly, I no longer use the Xfinity Home Page and this freezing problem has disappeared. I thought you might want to know about this.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Home Page Causes Freeze

chefpatrick wrote:

For the past 90-100 days my MacPro (2013) has been freezing up when using any commonly used browser, if I have the Xfinity Home Page open. I tried many times to find the source of the problem and I resolved the issue by not opening the Xfinity Home Page when I open a browser. I started this a few days ago and my computer has not frozen even once, except when I had the Xfinity Home Page open. This indicates to me that my freezing problem is due to a bug in the Home Page. Accordingly, I no longer use the Xfinity Home Page and this freezing problem has disappeared. I thought you might want to know about this.

Hi chefpatrick!

I've not seen any additional reports of this problem. If I may ask, have you made sure you're running up-to-date versions of Adobe Flash and othe plugins from within Safari? I'd also like to know if you have been able to replicate this issue in other browsers on your Mac (Chrome/Firefox).

--
John
xfinity.com/experience

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hi,

My perfered browser is Firefox. However, in an effort to find the source of my freezing problem, I tried Chrome and Safari. Regardless of the browser I used, my computer would consistently freeze up whenever I had the Xfinity Home Page (XHP) open in the browser.

Since I have quit using the XHP, I have not experienced any freezing problem whatsoever, in any browser. I am convinced that the problem is with XHP and not an issue with my computer or any particular browser that I am using.

Another aspect of this problem with XHP is that it appears that it is the "home page" of XHP that causes the problem. I know this because, I will briefly open XHP to access the TV Listing or my Email, close the "home page" and I do not have the freeze up problem with the other windows open. It is only when I leave XHP open in the browser that I have the problem.

Accordingly, I have quit using XHP (except to briefly access other windows).

Official Employee

I appreciate the additional information. Would you be able to take a screenshot of the page that is giving you problems? With your help, I'd like to forward this report to the team that handles development for the site.

--
John
xfinity.com/experience

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I too found this to be a solution, but, for what we pay, why should we have to use the home page for receiving e mails then, switch to another browser?