Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Connect on Android deletes emails from server

New Poster

Xfinity Connect on Android deletes emails from server

I called for help but the person I spoke to could not help me so I am posting this. When just using an email client I was able to check a box to never delete emails from the server ( Comcast ) but with Xfinity connect there is no such box in settings to do this as far as I can find. I also went online with my laptop to see if there were settings at Xfinity for my email prefrences and there was nothing there either about not deleting email from the server. My mobile device is Android. Any help with this would be appreciated. I do check my email from my mobile device but mostly respond from my laptop using Outlook 2013 but as I said if I check email on my mobile an delete it as I plan to respond later from home on my laptop when I open Outlook 2013 there are no emails received as they are deleted from your server and I do log-in to comcast to check and all the emails are gone.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Connect on Android deletes emails from server

Check your Adroid settings. That is where you would mark to leave copies on the server.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Connect on Android deletes emails from server

I checked the email client settings and there is no setting that says do not delete emails from server. It use to be there before I downloaded Xfinity connect and it is no longer there. If there is some other place to look than in the actual email program I don't know where that would be but I checked everywhere to see if there was a setting other than in the email program and found no other area where it would affect the email and server settings

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation