Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Connect for Outlook causes Outlook 2007 to crash

New Poster

Xfinity Connect for Outlook causes Outlook 2007 to crash

I installed Xfinity Connect for Outlook on my HP G1 350 laptop. Now when i open Outlook it will cause it to crash. Looks as if I will need to uninstall the add-in to restore Outlook functionality. Are there other ways to setup XC email account on Outlook? Can't I just us SMTP or some other email protocol to connect to the XC Email Server? Please advise.

The details ot the Problem window:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: OUTLOOK.EXE

Problem Signature 02: 12.0.6691.5000

Problem Signature 03: 52e8c57c

Problem Signature 04: XcOutlookAddIn

Problem Signature 05: 1.1.1.1

Problem Signature 06: 51c2464f

Problem Signature 07: df

Problem Signature 08: 16

Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 1033

Brand: Office12Crash

skulcid: 1033

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Connect for Outlook causes Outlook 2007 to crash

This answer is not intended to gain points on the system or any other accolades. It's just that I stumbled on to the answer when I was going to enter the Account settings suggested by this board in the post:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/E-Mail-Client-Settings-customer-generat... I had already uninstalled the Xfinity Connect for Outlook add-in from the Programs and Features tool in the Control Panel. Then I opened Outlook (and it did not crash). When I followed the instructions in the posting that is linked to above, I discovered that all the settings were already there for the Comcast account. I guess the uninstall utility did not actually remove the settings made by the Xfinity Connect for Outlook add-in. No problem getting Comcast email. Sort of a convoluted way to do it, but it worked for me.