Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Connect Pop Up

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Connect Pop Up

I have followed intructions to enable XFinity connect on my PC. It confirms that it's been installed. But then the two Pop Ups, a large one in the middle of my screen and a smaller one in the lower right corner, at different times, keep ;poping up. This happens several times a day, and I have to dismiss them because they lock up whatever I am doing. Phone calls to Support, 4 or 5 times so far, have not helped even though the off shore reps say they have fixed it. The last time I got to a local USA tech, but she gave up after about 45 minutes and didn't know anything else to try. I'm about to decide to quit Comcast entirely to get rid of the problem unless I get some help here. I see lots of complaints about it in conjunction with the Comcast WiiFi, but I dont' have Comcast WiiFi, I have my own router with WiFi. Can anyone help me please!!!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Connect Pop Up

I've never seen any pop-ups in Xfinity Connect. What do they say? If you could post a screenshot of them, that would be even better.

Service Expert

adding... what is showing on the popup windows?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

bobsarquis wrote:

I have followed intructions to enable XFinity connect on my PC. It confirms that it's been installed. But then the two Pop Ups, a large one in the middle of my screen and a smaller one in the lower right corner, at different times, keep ;poping up. This happens several times a day, and I have to dismiss them because they lock up whatever I am doing. Phone calls to Support, 4 or 5 times so far, have not helped even though the off shore reps say they have fixed it. The last time I got to a local USA tech, but she gave up after about 45 minutes and didn't know anything else to try. I'm about to decide to quit Comcast entirely to get rid of the problem unless I get some help here. I see lots of complaints about it in conjunction with the Comcast WiiFi, but I dont' have Comcast WiiFi, I have my own router with WiFi. Can anyone help me please!!!

What instructions?  Using webmail there isn't anything to install.  Are you using an email client and if so, which one?

What are the popups saying?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Evidently I brought the problem on myself by installing the Xfinity Connect App on my PC. I now see that it is evidently intended for mobile devices. Anyway, I deleted the app from my PC and so I no longer get the pop up which was an invitation to install the app.

Email Expert
Moved:

Re: Xfinity polaris Pop Up

New Poster

I also cleared my history and cookies and am still getting this pop up. What the heck?!!

New Poster

I did discover that by signing in to this forum I was then able to open my email.

Long way around but I got in.