Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Connect E-Mail App

New Poster

Xfinity Connect E-Mail App

My Iphone began locking up on Comcast e-mail passwords.  It would receive e-mail, but not send, refusing to acknowledge my password.  Apple tried everything in their manual, including replacing the phone.  AT&T is clueless, directing me to either Comcast or Apple.  I have spent 20 hours in online chat help and at the Apple store.  Nothing solved the problem except to install Comcast Connect.  I have found Connect to be a terrific annoyance, running in parallel with Apple's e-mail app on the Iphone.  The applications give duplicate notices of new e-mail.  Connect will not handle any e-mail accounts except those issued by Comcast.  Connect also notifies my of any incoming land line call to my home, a big annoyance with all the solicitation and robo calls. 

I want to keep my 8 year old Comcast e-mail name, but am nearing quitting Comcast to solve this problem.  I want my phone to work as it did for many years, handling both Comcast and g-mail accounts on one app.  I want my phone to send e-mail and not be rejected by Comcast's mail server for a valid password that it cannot find.