Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY username

ANSWERED
New Poster

XFINITY username

My xfinity username is now in ALL CAPS.   I want to change it to upper & lower case;  but the name, itself, does not change.   How do I  do this?

Accepted Solution

Re: XFINITY username

If you would like to change how your name is displayed in your outgoing email, click on your name in the top bar and you will open the edit mail account screen where you can change your display name. 

View answer in context
Service Expert

lbarthel1 wrote:

My xfinity username is now in ALL CAPS.   I want to change it to upper & lower case;  but the name, itself, does not change.   How do I  do this?

If you're saying that your email address is USERNAME@comcast.net and you want to change it to UserName@comcast.net, you can't.  Any change to "USERNAME" makes it a whole new email address; you would lose all of the email you currently have.  You can create a new email address to use, however.

To add additional email addresses you need to be signed in as the Primary user, then follow the directions found here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Again wrote: ... Any change to "USERNAME" makes it a whole new email address ...

No, UserIDs/email address names are case insensitive, so "UserName", "USERNAME", "UsErNaMe", and "username" are all considered the same.

Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help the OP with this. They can be reached at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/).

Official Employee

If you would like to change how your name is displayed in your outgoing email, click on your name in the top bar and you will open the edit mail account screen where you can change your display name. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

BRETT  -   My sincere thanks !!!     Simple, straightforward, to-the-point.   I am amazed.   I am also very intimidated by the internent.   I'd been in and out of the forums for months before I got brave enough to ask, and the 2 replies before yours are good examples of the wandering thought processes and varied opinions/understandings and how-to's that are out there.   So thanks again.    Next time I won't wait so long.  

Pat Barthel

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation