members

online now

discussions

XFINITY email service issues 5-11-2017

ANSWERED
Administrator
Administrator

XFINITY email service issues 5-11-2017

Some customers are having issues with their XFINITY email service while trying to log in or experiencing intermittent logging errors such as bad gateway messages.

All related discussions to this issue will be moved to this thread in order to keep track of the number of customers affected this, and update everyone once a resolution is in place.

Update 5:00 PM ET. Several customers have started to have success in accessing their emails, however there are still some who are experiencing the problem. We will update once service is restored. 

Update 6:00 PM ET : At this time email has been restored, if you are still experiencing issues it might not be related to this issue. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Accepted Solution

Re: XFINITY email service issues 5-11-2017

Update 6:00 PM ET : At this time email has been restored, if you are still experiencing issues it might not be related to this issue. 

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

I can't get to Xfinity Connect!

Something's terribly wrong!  I can't get to Xfinity Connect!  No matter how much I try, even refreshing the page, I keep getting "Failure Counts" and getting redirected to the Xfinity Home Page without getting to the Xfinity Connect for e-mails!  AT ALL!  When will the Xfinity Connect issues be fixed?!  Cat Sad

Valued Contributor

Re: I can't get to Xfinity Connect!

I'm having problems also.  I had a difficult time getting into my emails earlier this AM but finally got through.  However, it's back down again and I'm being redirected to Xfinity Home page instead my emails. ?????

New Poster

Same for me!

Contributor

Same for me.  I had no problem earlier this morning but now I log in and get taken back to the Comcast/xfinity home page.  Every week there's a problem.  Awful.

New Poster

Today my system is saying connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#xfFailure Count=1

Having same problem that I read about on past post with no answers listed.

connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#xfFailure Count=1

Contributor

Re: Today my system is saying connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#xfFailure Count=1

Bad Gateway!

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /login.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 502

login.comcast.net
Thu May 11 16:31:56 2017
Apache
Contributor

Likewise here. 

Contributor

Same here same as angel.  Then signing in says bad gateway. 

Every couple of weeks there is a problem. This is absurd.   The interface  DOES NOT WORK.

They keep raising prices and lowering service. Comcast leaves a really bad taste in your mouth.

WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO THIS CONSISTANT LONGSTANDING ONGOING PROBLEM?

New Poster

email

what happened all of sudden, may email account not opening after sign in. When I clicked the email sign, envelope, then, instead open the email, it goes back to original sign in page. this happening since this morning. all computers I am using , the same results.

Contributor

Same here.  I spoke with a customer service rep and got no real answer, which is typical for Comcast. He said I was the first to report it.  This is a Comcast issue again.  At least I know it is not my computer or account. Ironically I can get my wifes email, but not mine or my sons.  One email problem after another.  This is ridiculous in the extreme.  Fix this Comcast.

New Poster

Ditto,  Down for hours this morning.

Contributor

Cannot access Comcast e-mail, Howard County, MD

Starting mid-morning, I cannot access e-mail on my PC or my other devices. Is there a problem I should be aware of? Thanks.

Contributor

Same here, can't get into email. Comcast email needs a makeover.

New Poster

Me too!!

New Poster

Can't retrieve my e-mails.

Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot access Comcast e-mail, Howard County, MD

I can't access my email either for the last couple hours

New Poster

Having same problem. Last couple hours

Contributor

Tried going to "Live Chat"

You are currently position 95 in the queue.

Your wait will be approximately 15 minutes.

Frequent Visitor

Count me in as being the same since about 11AM CDT. All I am getting are the three pulsing dots of doom.

I am located in Dupage county, IL. 

Regular Visitor

cannot access my e-mail

my email was working yesterday today I am being denied access

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem on my PC, but can access email on my iPad, Xfinity app and Apple email!

Frequent Visitor

Re: E-mail

I also cannot access email. Other functions seem to work, but not email.

Frequent Visitor

All's well now!

Email Expert

Re: email

Mine did the same thing for about an hour or so earlier today.  Then suddenly it was working again.  OK so far.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

Have not been able to access email today.  This is like the 3rd time since the switch to the new server.  Why can't they send us a text or something to let us know that they are having issues.  Tried to use Chat and no one ever responded.  Kept telling me 9 minutes and that 9 minutes went on for about 1-1/2 hours.

New Poster

Email

I have logged into my xfinity account but can't get into my email?

Contributor

Mkcole51 wrote:

All's well now!

I was able to get into my email for all of 2-3 minutes.  It's down again.

Regular Contributor

New email format

Okay, I like the new format if I can connect to it.  For the last several hours I have had diffiiculty bringing up my email.  I called, got an explanation that I understood, but it would seem the techs have not found a solution for very slow email boot up.  Any help?

Regular Visitor

e mail

I'm not able to access my e mail.  I'm signed on and when I click the mail icon it won't access it.  Is comcast having problems right no by chance?

Frequent Visitor

Problem is with accessing email via web site. I am able to access via IPad xfinity ap, but same problem as there's on pc and via web site on IPad.

New Poster

When going to my E-Mail, it takes a long time if at all to open. What's up?

New Poster

i cannot connect to my e-mail

Since updates were put in my computor i cannot connect to my e-mail

New Poster

cannot open e-mail screen from desktop

It's 2:20 p.m. on May 11th, 2017.  Why won't my e-mail screen open up on my Infinity page today?

New Poster

Windows 10 and Xfinity Connect EMail

I have Windows 10 and can use either Chrome or Edge. With both browsers, I can sign in to Xfinity and get to the opening screen. I cannot, however, get to the Email window. This is a recurring, persistent issue, at least 4-5 days a week. This has started with the latest version of Xfinity Connect, probably late in 2016. 

So far TODAY, neither browser gets me to view my email.

Kathleen

Regular Visitor

Cannot access email!

Email service has been terrible today. At least half a dozen times today, most recently 5 minutes from the time of this post, every time I enter my login information to access my email I get caught in an endless loop and I'm constantly sent back to the login screen. Beyond frustrating. Is there an update as to when this problem will be fixed?
Frequent Visitor

Mailbox working now

Hi everyone.

Now the mailbox is working, go ahead and give it a try buut first clean the cookies and cache for your browser then try.

New Poster

NO EMAIL

I can't get to my email on xfinity.com.  Please check the website.

New Poster

Access email app from my.xfinity.com fails

I'm get the following error when selecting the email icon

Bad Gateway!

Error 502

login.comcast.net
Thu May 11 18:38:39 2017
Apache
New Poster

Re: Today my system is saying connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#xfFailure Count=1

Same here

New Poster

Xfinity email down

You would think Xfinity could post a notice on the home page letting us know their email is down. They sure let us know when they're raising their fees!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot access email!

Same here.  

Contributor

Re: Xfinity email down

I cant connect to it also

i tried windows 10 and google and nothing works. Keeps cirlcing back to sign in. I can number of messages when accessing forums but cant get to emai

Contributor

Bad Gateway error - NEW email interface only

My husband cannot access his email -- he is on the NEW email platform and is now getting the "Bad Gateway" error for the last 4-6 hours.   The NEW email platform also does not work well with IE11 so I had to switch him to Chrome, which is inconvenient because he was familiar with and liked IE. 

For some reason, I am still on the old interface and email is working fine, both in IE and in Chrome. 

COMCAST, Please TEST better before introducing changes!   (you should know better....)

Administrator
Administrator

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

Some customers are having issues with their XFINITY email service while trying to log in or experiencing intermittent logging errors such as bad gateway messages.

All related discussions to this issue will be moved to this thread in order to keep track of the number of customers affected this, and update everyone once a resolution is in place.

We are aware of the problems and working on a resolution. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Your EMAIL WebService is TERRIBLE!

I can hardly ever log into my email from my work account either on my phone or mywork computer.  It has also started happening at home that I am unable to login.

Have you considered streaming less ad material so we can simply go look at our email?  I don't look at all your ads anyway!  I have resisted moving off Comcast so I can keep my email address, but at this point, it doesn't work, so why bother?  I can go to gmail for FREE and have email access!

Unsatisfied customer:  Lesley Macomber

New Poster

There seems to be an issue with Comcast email more often than not.  I have given up on reading my personal email since Comcast is my provider - too unreliable.

New Poster

After I login to Xfinity and click on the email icon, I am looped back to the Xfinity home page. This has been going on for over 2 hours. Interestingly, my wife can login on this same computer and get right to her email but I cannot...

HELP !!!

New Poster

Re: Windows 10 and Xfinity Connect EMail

I have the same issue.  I get to the Homepage but get error messages when I try to get into email.  This has been ALL DAY on both my home and office computers, using Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.  Come on Comcast--There is no excuse for this

New Poster

I also have having this issue on hardwired computer connections (mobile is OK).

Bad Gateway!

Error 502

login.comcast.net
Thu May 11 19:11:11 2017
Apache