Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY deleting my trash after 7 days instead of 30

New Poster

XFINITY deleting my trash after 7 days instead of 30

I like to keep all of my trash.  I especially like it to be accessible in IMAP for all of my devices.  I have set my Preferences EMAIL Preferences Email Deletion Schedule to Never, Never, Never, 30 Days, 30 Days (Inbox unread, inbox read, sent, spam, trash).

I also have Outlook 2013 on my computer set to autoarchive my trash after 21 days into my personal folders.  Thus I never ever lose my trash, and it is available on IMAP to all devices for 21 days (I use 21 instead of 30 in case my computer is off a few days).

This was working well until sometime in December.  Now my Trash is being deleted on the server when it is 7 days old (earliest date in trash folder 1/6, today 1/14).  This means it is not auto archived to personal folders and is lost forever.  I have double checked my preferences and I cannot understand why my trash is gone.  Despite my trash hoarding behavior I have used only 3% of my 10GB allotment.

I am viewing folders with web.mail.comcast.net on EDGE, my Outlook 2013 and IOS Mail devices concur though.

Thanks for any suggestions.  -- Karen

P.S.  I tried to go to comcast support directly, couldn't find an e-mail link in their various FAQ pages...

New Poster

Re: XFINITY deleting my trash after 7 days instead of 30

I think I may have found the culprit.  IOS Mail may have been deleting trash after 7 days.  I have cleared its setting and am hoping the trash will start bulding up again.

--Karen