New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY Webmail Addresses

ANSWERED
Contributor

XFINITY Webmail Addresses

My "To" button when drafting a new email reveals a drop down menu with contacts. Most are fine but some need editing.

However, there are no contacts  under the "Addresses" tab.

How do I get access to wherever those drop down addresses are, so I can manage them.

Accepted Solution

Re: XFINITY Webmail Addresses

There is no way for you to edit what contacts appear in that drop-down list when typing in the To: line.  That is a function of the underlying Zimbra email software that powers Comcast email.  Periodically Comcast will update accounts, and then addresses you have deleted from the address book will dissappear.  But they don't do it on a regular, scheduled basis, so it could be some time before a given contact no longer shows up in that list.  That feature has it's own memory and you can't access it.

I'm curious-----when you start typing a name in the To: line and the list appears, do the first three entries have "Forget" to the right of them?

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Email Expert

There is no way for you to edit what contacts appear in that drop-down list when typing in the To: line.  That is a function of the underlying Zimbra email software that powers Comcast email.  Periodically Comcast will update accounts, and then addresses you have deleted from the address book will dissappear.  But they don't do it on a regular, scheduled basis, so it could be some time before a given contact no longer shows up in that list.  That feature has it's own memory and you can't access it.

I'm curious-----when you start typing a name in the To: line and the list appears, do the first three entries have "Forget" to the right of them?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Latouqe,

No the list just appears in alphabetical order. At about the letter "t" the names all show as "unknown", but  the email addresses still appear.

The word "Forget" does not appear next to any entries.

I also notice that some of the addresses that need editing were removed by me from "Outlook", my email client years ago.

Still I would love to get access to that Zimbra file to simplify recovering some contacts, but I suppose I can just copy them.

Thanks again.

Minor issue for the forum. I actually double posted this question, the reason being that I got  "unable to post" message when I tried to send the first  one.