Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY APP SENDS TO WRONG NAME

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

XFINITY APP SENDS TO WRONG NAME

The xfinity app sends my email to the wrong recipient. This complaint has been posted before, but I don't see any solutions. How to you view answers?

Accepted Solution

Re: XFINITY APP SENDS TO WRONG NAME

If the email went to the wrong recipient, it's because the wrong recipient was put in the To: field.  Can you explain exactly what you did?

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

There are no answers to any problems on this worthless forum.

Email Expert

If the email went to the wrong recipient, it's because the wrong recipient was put in the To: field.  Can you explain exactly what you did?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Latoque from the community forum suggested to me that "If the email went to the wrong recipient, it's because the wrong recipient was put in the To: field.  Can you explain exactly what you did?"  These words echo those from Comcast, in that they insist "I" put the wrong recipient in the "To:field" or I did something else wrong. I believe my first and only post on this matter stated cearly that I used the Xfinity Connect App to send myself an email. I of course used my own email address in the "To:field:,  to send myself an email  --- " this is not brain surgery".  The email arrved with my wife's name as the recipient, or her name appeared in the "To:field", but with my email address also in the same "To:field". I can't explain it in any simpler terms. It boggels my mind how this expaination was not understood by Latoque or Comcast. There are many post dealing with the Xfinity Connect App sending emails to the wrong addresses posted in the same forum. I was told just tonight, 4/3/18, that Comcast has been aware of this problem and their engineers have been working on the problem for the last three months. And further more, several other tests to send myself emails from my other devices using Comcast email as well as Outlook, not using the Xfinity App, arrived to me with my name in the "To:field:. So, it is clearly just an Xfinity Connect App problem. 

Email Expert

You need to clarify--------------does your wife have her own secondary account?  Have you checked the settings in both accounts to make sure the name showing for outgoing mail is correct in them?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

My wife no longer has an account or email address with comcast, since she passed away in 2008. Why then would her name still be attached in any way to my email address?

Email Expert

One other possibility I can think of-------------do you still have your wife's name as an entry in your address book?  If so, is your email address in that entry?  If so, that could explain it:  the email program is just detecting the entry and using her name.  If that is the case, delete that entry and see if it changes anything.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation