Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XC not opening in Windows 10

New Poster

XC not opening in Windows 10

I have switched to Windows 10, which apparently is not being recognized by XFINITY Connect in the Zimbra email program.  The progress "wheel" just keeps turning but the email Inbox does not open.  Any help would be appreciated.

BobnearBoston

Problem Solver

Re: XC not opening in Windows 10

I'm not sure you are still having problems. My problem may be related. Please reply if this helps.

If you are using EDGE browser try another browser.

******************************************************************************************

I want to keep everyone updated on my Microsoft Mail App solution.

Trying to find the cause for my Microsoft Mail App problems I have done some experiments. I have made a breakthrough that I want to share. I have Norton Anti-Virus 22.5.2.15

I have DISABLED Norton Firewall (permanently) and then did a restart. The restart reactivated Windows Firewall, I double checked it at Control Panel > Windows Firewall.

Because I have several email accounts I sent myself 3 emails and early indications are that this solves NOTIFICATION SOUNDS, BANNERS, LIVE TILE DISPLAY and SLOW EMAIL DELIVERY. I will know more later today. I will keep everyone updated.

Of my three email experiments, my mail app live tile displayed incoming email, also I got sound and banner notifications.

If your Anti-Virus controls your Firewall (as Norton from Comcast does) you might consider doing what I have done. If you have any results (positive or negative) PLEASE POST A REPLY.

Official Employee

Re: XC not opening in Windows 10

Please ensure your system is fully up to date, and reply to the thread if it's still an issue.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon