Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Wrong Time Stamps

New Poster

Wrong Time Stamps

On March 3, I contacted Comcast by phone because the time stamp on my emails was 6 hours in the future (what would have been Greenwich Mean Time). After a long time on the phone and then another wait after the call, the problem was eventually solved.

Now it is March 16 and the problem has just returned today. The time stamps on my emails are showing 5 hours in the future this time because we are now on daylight savings time. My emails are once again showing Greenwich Mean Time.

(I sent myself emails to test the time stamps and also asked my husband in the next room to do the same.)

To make sure that the problem had nothing to do with my browser (Firefox), I tried Explorer also. Same problem. Then I tried the Google Chrome browser for the first time to access my email online. Same problem again. So I assume it is neither the browser nor the cache.

If I do not access my Comcast email online but use Outlook instead, the time stamps on emails show the right time. It is only when I access my mail through Comcast online (using any browser) that the time stamps are wrong.

Webmail Version: 7.8.2-3.2.0-7

I'd like to resolve this problem once and for all! I'm not interesting in time travel to the future. Smiley Happy

Eyejoy
Tags (3)
Z-TIMESTAMP_problem.jpg
Email Expert

Re: Wrong Time Stamps

Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page, then on Settings>>>>>Basic Settings, and you will see the option to set the correct time zone.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Wrong Time Stamps

Thank you! Easy solution that the help desk had trouble with two weeks ago and you solved it so quickly!

Eyejoy