New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Windows Live Mail and Comcast

ANSWERED
New Poster

Windows Live Mail and Comcast

Have been using Windows Live Mail.  Have new computer and Windows Live Mail will receive but not send email.  I must use POP3 as I use folders with rules and I understand IMAP will not let you do that on the local level.  What am I doing wrong.  As stated, was using it with no problems, new computer, problems.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Windows Live Mail and Comcast

Is the account set up in WLM using POP3 or IMAP?  IMAP does in fact support  local folders and the use of filters, if that's what you mean.  Exactly what happens when you try to send?  Are you getting any error message?

View answer in context
Email Expert

Is the account set up in WLM using POP3 or IMAP?  IMAP does in fact support  local folders and the use of filters, if that's what you mean.  Exactly what happens when you try to send?  Are you getting any error message?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

All of a sudden my emails in Windows Live Mail are both receiving and sending using the POP3.  Thanks.