Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Windows 10 and IMAP email

New Poster

Windows 10 and IMAP email

When I open the mail app and check my mail, my Hotmail, outlook and gmail accounts sync fine.

My Comcast account syncs but it does not delete from the Comcast server all the time.

On occasion it does sync correctly so when I read and delete an email, it will remove it from the Comcast server but more often than not, it does not work.

So what happens is it deletes from my mail app (and one would think that it is gone) yet when I check the Comcast website, the emails are still there in the inbox

I am using the Comcast IMAP settings and interestingly enough, if I use Outlook 2013 it works perfectly. Frankly I really like the Windows 10 mail app and prefer to use it.

I did not get this behavior before I upgraded to Windows 10 on both my Surface Pro 3 and Samsung Series 7 Slate. I see the same issue on both machines.

I will add that prior to upgrading to Windows 10 I had a message on my Windows 8.1 email indicating that the certificate was out of date. There was an option to ignore certificate error but that option is not there as far as I can see in Windows 10. I'm not sure if that is why I have this issue but figured I would mention it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

New Poster

Re: Windows 10 and IMAP email

I have the same exact problem.  When I delete mail from the windows 10 mail app sometimes it deletes that message from the comcast server and sometimes it does not.  Its very strange.  I never had this problem in windows 8.  I also sync my comcast mail with my iphone and it works flawlessly.  Don't know if this is a Comcast or Windows issue but a fix would be great.