Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Windows 10 and Comcast Email Issues

ANSWERED
Service Expert

Re: Windows 10 email issues using new mail app.

dannymac53 wrote:

I installed Windows 10 on my HP 110 Desktop and when I tried to open my main Comcast email on the Mail app, all I get is a constant message saying, "Your email account settings are out-of-date." It gives me the option to "fix" or "dismiss". When I click on "fix", it asks me to enter my password, which I do. However, all it does is say it is syncing and then "still working on it". It never syncs and continues to ask me to enter my email. I have two other Comcast email addresses that I use for hobby and music interactions. These two addresses work perfectly and synced without any trouble. I have no problem with my main account on Windows 8.1, only since I upgraded to Windows 10. Can someone PLEASE help me resolve this.

If you just upugraded to 10, go into your Windows settings and then to Windows Update to see if any new KBs are available to fix your issues...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Email Expert

Re: Having e-mail trouble since installing Windows 10

I just updated to 10 yesterday.  Has anyone else encountered this--------------when I click on "Preferences" in Comcast webmail, all I get is the icon for Email, and nothing else.

Also, in the Settings, it's interesting that one of the options for your default browser is Internet Explorer.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

Re: Having e-mail trouble since installing Windows 10

Latoque wrote:

I just updated to 10 yesterday.  Has anyone else encountered this--------------when I click on "Preferences" in Comcast webmail, all I get is the icon for Email, and nothing else.

Also, in the Settings, it's interesting that one of the options for your default browser is Internet Explorer.

Actually your old version of IE is still inside your WIn10 system... I found mine....  but I have not seen your issue as I use only Chrome and everything has been normal with that browser.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Regular Visitor

New Emails don't load when I first sign in.

Since I downloaded Windows 10, which may or may not have anything to do with the email issue, The messages in my inbox do not load the newest messages, and displays old messages in random order of dates I received them. If I sign out of Xfinity, and sign back in, the new emails "sometime" come up, though not always. I have a lap top and a desk top that both have the same issue.  Both have Windows 10 operating systems.

Tried preferences, but it does not seem to address "not showing new emails" or the random order of the old emails that do appear.

BTW my sent folder also shows my sent mail in random rather than date order.  The email appears as it should in date order on my Kindle Fire.  What is going on?

Email Expert

Re: New Emails don't load when I first sign in.

grandmeow2 wrote:

Since I downloaded Windows 10, which may or may not have anything to do with the email issue, The messages in my inbox do not load the newest messages, and displays old messages in random order of dates I received them. If I sign out of Xfinity, and sign back in, the new emails "sometime" come up, though not always. I have a lap top and a desk top that both have the same issue.  Both have Windows 10 operating systems.

Tried preferences, but it does not seem to address "not showing new emails" or the random order of the old emails that do appear.

BTW my sent folder also shows my sent mail in random rather than date order.  The email appears as it should in date order on my Kindle Fire.  What is going on?

Looking at your Inbox page with the message list, at the top of the list you should see "Sorted by" and then a value.  Does it say "by Date"?  If not, right-click in the gray bar area to the right of that and you should see this--------------

Sorting Options from Gray Bar 03:04:2015.jpg

Also, click on "View" in the toolbar and make sure you have "By Message" selected instead of "By Conversation".

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Edge Browser doesn't connect to my email

Re: Edge Browser doesn't connect to my email

Hi, I had the same problem. I managed to get on my comcast email using the I-explorer, went to Preferences, General, Versions and changed from 'Full' to 'Lite'. and that solved the problem. It seems that the 'Full' version of comcast email has a compatability problem with EDGE. I hope this helps you.

Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast e-mail and Windows 10

Hi, I had the most up-to date Windows 10, but what you said didn't solve the problem. Instead, I managed to get on my comcast email using the I-explorer, went to Preferences, General, Versions and changed from 'Full' to 'Lite'. and that solved the problem. It seems that the 'Full' version of comcast email has a compatability problem with EDGE. I hope this helps you.

Regular Visitor

Re: Windows 10 Emails

Re: Windows  10 Emails

Hi, I had the same problem. I managed to get on my comcast email using the I-explorer, went to Preferences, General, Versions and changed from 'Full' to 'Lite'. and that solved the problem. It seems that the 'Full' version of comcast email has a compatability problem with EDGE. I hope this helps you.

Regular Visitor

A step in the right direction...was able to view my webmail.  I got the following message when the inital screen displayed...no reason or other info.

"An invalid request was made."  "Close"

Regular Visitor

Windows 10 and Comcast Email Issues/Error 0x800CCC0E Socket error 10060

I can receive mail, but NOT send

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Windows 10 and Comcast Email Issues/Error 0x800CCC0E Socket error 10060

Make sure outgoing server settings for ports are like the ones here.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Regular Visitor

That didn't work for me Jordan. I can get to my email by switching to IE, any version, or Chrome, or Firefox. it's just that this supposedly great new EDGE doesn't pick it up. I have applied all Windows 10, and I presume EDGE updates, clered cache and cookies, then restarted. Edge takes me to:

https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail -- and thern the round circle begins!!

I will look to be sure that KB3074683 has been applied on my machine, however I have not restricted automatic updates in any way.

New Poster

Microsoft Edge browser not displaying xfinity emails.

I successfully downloaded and installed the recommended KB for comcast email to work in MS Edge as directed by the xfinity forum; but no change. Still spinning endlessly. Cleared cache and windows is up to date. All other browsers work normally on the site. Win10 64-Bit

New Poster

Using Edge browser to access Comcast E-mails

Unable to connect to the comcast e-mail site with Edge... no problems using IE. What are the plans to correct this

New Poster

Comcast e-mail does not work with Edge browser (obviously with Windows 10) - do IT IS NOT FIXED.

Frequent Visitor

I disagree that Edge does not work in Win 10.  The first desktop PC that I upgraded had issues with printer, mouse/keyboard and video drivers/software.  Edge worked fine and still does. The next upgrade was to a laptop and that went much better and Edge worked fine.  Third upgrade was a desktop, my primary PC, and Edge did not work. Just went back to using Firefox and it works fine.  This PC has issues with other sites as well when using Edge.  Can't explain why it works on some PC's and not others.  This same PC had issues in Win 7 using IE11.  That is when I started using Firefox and installed Chrome just in case. As for the other two that can use Edge without problems, I was using IE10 in Win 7 on both and was forced to upgrade to IE11 to install Win 10. Bottom line, if Edge does not work, use Firefox or Chrome.

Email Expert

Comcast email woks just fine for me in Edge on a Dell laptop I updated.  A couple of other things though--------when I did the upgrade to 10, it stripped all the bookmarks out of Firefox when it copied it.  Also, it seems Edge does not yet support the use of extensions, add-ons etc.  I found that out when I tried to install Lastpass in it.  So they have a good bit to go yet in terms of complete functionality.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Swfty,

Is your desktop a 64 bit machine running with an  i7 processor? Edge doesn't access Comcast emails on my 64 bit i7 desktop, but works fine on my laptop which runs on an i5 processor.

This issue is just an annoyance because I can get my emails via ie-11, chrome or firefox. I would like to reduce my total number of browsers. I'm beginning to wonder why I thought EDGE, the new guy would let me do that!

Regards

Dennis64

Frequent Visitor

My PC with Edge problems has the following components:  Gigabyte GA-990 FXA-UD3 Mobo, AMD FX 8120 Eight-Core Processor, 16 MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, and a Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB SATA HD.  This is 2013 technology.  The two others, one a laptop and the other a desktop, are 2009 technology.  The difference between the 2009 and 2013 is the upgrade from Win 7 Ultimate vs Win 7 Pro.  The 2013 with the Edge problems had issues with IE11, Adobe Reader, printing issues with a HP printer, MS MSE, and several other problems.  I suspected the problem started with MS Security Essentials when an upgrade went wrong and I could not upgrade, uninstall or re-install.  That caused me to use the free Comcast Norton Internet Security.  I routinely used Malwarebytes and upgraded to the paid version.  I believe the Norton and Malwarebytes programs had conflicts.  At times, I had to turn off features of both to install a program or upgrade.  Bottom line - Don't know why 2 work and 1 does not.  Hope I answered your question.

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: Windows 10 and Comcast Email Issues

Contributor

Re: Exporting Xfinity email to Windows 8/10 Outlook

You can program Microsoft Access to access, download, upload, etc. any email account

New Poster

unable to get to comcast email.  Just little buffer keeps going around.  No problem before installing windows 10.

Frequent Visitor

If you are using Edge and cannot connect to Comcast email after signing in, I resolved my issue by using FireFox as my default browser.  I can't advise you how to fix it as I cannot figure out why Edge works fine on 2 out of 3 PC's that I upgraded.  While using Edge, I suggest that you check out all other sites that you use and you may find that it is not only a Comcast email problem.  You may experience printing, mouse, and downloading at some sites. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Scc1905

I have the same problem with Win 10.   It is not the address.   Any other ideas.   Thanks

Regular Contributor

I use the mail reader included with Windows 10. It can access the mail servers with IMAP or POP.

New Poster

I have the same problem. I can access my email if I use IE 11.

New Poster

what are the pop 3 settings for win 10. settings for win 7 dont work.  thanks

Email Expert

skywriter wrote:

what are the pop 3 settings for win 10. settings for win 7 dont work.  thanks

What email client are you using?   Here are the settings for Comcast in an email client----------------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

thank you

Regular Visitor

My laptop which is a Toshiba Satellite SB55t-B5282 was originally formatted with Windows 8.1 and updated in the last month to Windows 10. The Mail App problem began immediately after the update to Windows 10. As reported by others, there was no issues with the Mail App when my laptop was operating on Windows 8.1. New emails load without a problem and can be viewed, responded to, moved and deleted. My problem is that the Windows Mail App will not "push" back any deleted or moved emails which means the next time I view Comcast email using either a browser on my laptop connected to the Xfinity (Comcast) webpage or Xfinity Connect on my Samsung S4 cell phone the messages that were deleted or moved still appear in the inbox. If you close the Windows 10 Mail App and reopen it, even resyncing the account, the messages are still showing as deleted or moved. One additional bit of information that may help. Once, when I accessed the Comcast account settings on the Windows 10 Mail App, the "Change mailbox settings" link was grayed out (disabled). I had not choice but to reenter the password and save the new password which gave me access to the account settings and one time only, "pushed" pack the emails that were deleted or moved. It then immediately stopped working again. I'm hoping someone may have had a similar problem and can pass along any possible solutions.
Regular Visitor

Microsoft Edge Windows 10

I am unable to get into email using Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Laptop Through Xfinity connect.  All it does is has a circle going around on screen, never pulls up email.  Is there a fix for this.

Frequent Visitor

Sync not advisable. All your past emails and address book is duplicated on line where hackers can get to. I deleted all sync software to protect my info, and removed my Outlook 2007. Now looking for a 3rd party email to use.

New Poster

Windows 10 installation

I installed the Windows 10 free upgrade last month.  I am pretty tech challanged but try to understand.  Now when my computer starts up it shows my picture with my Comcasts e-mail.  I then have to enter a password.  It took me a week to figure out what the password was because I have never had it go to Comcast as an opening page.  Before it just has a start page with all my icons and I went wherever.  How do I get it back to having the start page with the icons and not going to Comcast.net first?  Help!!!

New Poster

Re: Windows 10 installation

This pertains to those with Windows 10 and Office 2016 and the latest version of Outlook.  I experienced diffiulties getting this version of Outlook to work with Comcast IMAP/POP3 service.  Despite my attempts to manually configure this it would not work.  So on a whim I simply utilized the "auto" config feature on Outlook after entering my email address and password.  It took almost 5 minutes but worked (I am not known for patience when it comes to Computer issues).  Good Luck and hope this helps.

Frequent Visitor

Downloaded Office 2013 which includes Outlook 2013 and solved all my email problems. I do it all on Xfinity.comcast.com and never use Microsoft Edge as they require an app to turn on the computer. I find the best way to use Windows 10 is to read whatever Microsoft reccommends and then do something different.

Email Expert
Moved:

Removed for viol forum posting guidelines---language filters

New Poster

I helped my mother-in-law set up a new laptop with Win10. The same issue happened with her email client. I ended up changing her password for her email account and the error went away and she was able to access her email for awhile. Now there is a new problem that I need to look into.

Regards

Frequent Visitor

Delete all of it do not seate it back up as IMap do it as POP this works I have had ggood luck all so I use Windows Live but this did work for boath in Windowns 10 and Comcast is of know help at all and the letters the Co sends out the help did not know of them and the setings do not work I had help with BestBy but I came up with know IMap POP will work but you must Delete and strart over on seate up hope this will help 

Email Expert
Moved:

Regular Visitor

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have not been able to access my emails on my PC using MS Edge  I have had to use IE 11 to do this.  I have done all of the Windows updates as they were released, and have also upgraded to the Windows 10 Service Pack 1,  but still cannot access my email.

Is there any solution to this?  Nothing has worked so far.

New Poster

click on the right side to expand tools and click on run as Internet Explorer. Edge doesn't work on all web pages due to security certificates not updated. Although IE works, you have to run in compatibility mode for some pages.

Service Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

Solved my Comcast email problems by deleting Outlook and Office 2007 and Installing Office 2013, which includes Outlook 2013. Went into Outlook accounts file and clicked on 'Change' to my present email. Then removed the check in "send a test message" and went to 'More Settings'. Then clicked on 'Advance' tab. Then enter 'POP' mail account (Not IMAP) and used code '995' for "incoming server POP3, and code '587' for Outgoing server SMTP. Choose TLS for encryption.

These work on Comcast, don't know about other servers. If you use IMAP type accounts, you have to sync everything on ' MS Edge' and loose all privacy. If you have laptops, cell phones, and Ipads Edge is usefull but privacy is gone. I use a desktop PC and don't even attach our cell phone to it. The FREE windows 10 has cost me $483 including 'new office software', a 'new 24" monitor', and several service calls to Microsoft, Xfinity, and Mcafee. Microsoft is the only one who charges $$ for help. These expenses since downloading Win 10 in May 2015. Hope this helps.

New Poster

Re: Windows 10 and Comcast Email

I am current with all Microsoft security updates but when I use Edge my Comcast email will not load my mail.  IE and Chrome do work but since I am using Edge with everything else, especially Windows 10 specific features,  I'd rather not use another program for my mail.  Any additional information would be appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Windows 10 and Comcast Email

You can use more than one browser without causing a problem.  I use Firefox and it works fairly well with Comcast email.  At some point, Comcast may fix the problem.  Until then, just use Chrome or FireFox for email.  A few days ago, the Boston Globe finally changed its ereader and I can now read the Globe on MS Edge. I personally think that Comcast does not provide enough effort to make their email perform as well as it could.

Regular Visitor

This is not a solution. It does not work. I installed thunderbird and I can get and send email just fine. If I use Microsoft Edge online Comcast email doesn't work. Other things don't work with the  comcast homepage. I go to Yahoo or another homepage and it works great. Why does my own company that I pay for not even give me a working homepage ? Are you trying to force Chrome on us ?

Frequent Visitor

Comcast is just full of it I had sent a letter on how to fix this and to the Co. and did this Not Comcast so you have to find my FIX on how to do eMailes with Windows 10 and you Can NOT use IMAP must use POP so this is the FIX OK DELETE all ACC with IMAP and start over with POP to not go by Comcast the Co is up ther XXX I paid 30.00 for a Co to fix it for me know help from this CO

Frequent Visitor

My issues with Comcast and Edge have been resolved.  About a week ago my PC crashed and I could not access my HD to repair it or restore a backup.  I bit the bullet and did a clean install of Win 10 and re-installed all my software.  All my files were on a different HD and loss of documents and pictures was not an issue.  As soon as I finished the re-install I checked my Comcast email using Edge.  Worked fine.  My Win 7 OS  had some issues with certain programs and web sites and I never had much luck with IE 11.  What I believe now is that a clean install and not an upgrade to Win 10 is the way to go.  You avoid all the problems caused by your old settings and issues being carried forward to the new OS.  Also, it appears that Comcast has made some changes to their web site.  All the people who said to hold off on upgrading to Win 10 were right.  I made the mistake of upgrading an old PC to test drive Win 10.  It worked so well on that PC that I made the mistake of upgrading two more including my main PC.  Now I am holding off on two more until I am sure that I can make the transition without getting a headache.

New Poster

Worked initially, now not working.  Did the upgrade thing, no change.  Voice mail exhibits same symptom, rotating dots.  Restarted computer.  Works in Outlook.

Regular Visitor

Well folks, it is now January 2016 and Comcast has still not done a Zimbra upgrade to deliver email to Windows 10 people who want to use Microsoft Edge in place of IE and Chrome. I have a Dell Inspiron 8700 with an i7 processor 64bits.Comcast wants me to access email via:

Problem address for Microsoft Edge on a Dell Inspiron 8700 with i7 processor at 64 bits
https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail This is an app that they have not updated since 2012, That's like a hundred in computer years!!

Still waiting for something for modern browsers at 64 bits. Comcast better do something before Chrome upgrades tp catch up with Edge and shunts us all to Firefox or buggie IE.