New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Windows 10-Pro Tech Preview can't login into Comcast email

New Poster

Windows 10-Pro Tech Preview can't login into Comcast email

Hi,

We are using Windows 10 - Pro Technical Preview Evaluation Copy - Build 10041 and we can log into Comcast.net, but we cannot get connected to the email service.  Does anyone have any helpful suggestions regarding settings, or has Comcast email not been updated to work with this level yet.  We were on an earlier version of 10 which worked fine, but it expired and we are now on the most recent build version.

Thanks

k

Frequent Visitor

Re: Windows 10-Pro Tech Preview can't login into Comcast email

This continues with all the builds (I now have 10162) but it is MS Spartan and Edge browsers, I have to use MS Internet Explorer or Firefox. I have used other antivirus programs also.

xfinity.jpg
Regular Contributor

That is more than just 'very interesting'. Keep us posted on this if you could.  Thanks 

Contributor

The KB3074665 Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems fixed this issue for others.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_internet-insider_spartan/how-do-i-access-em...

Frequent Visitor

I will try and find the update thanks.

Official Employee

Please let us know if the issue is resolved.  We are investigating independently and will let report back.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I had high hopes the Spartan/Edge update might be the solution but I ran a manual windows update and it did a Build upgrade to build 102XX???? This was a leap in numbers and now does not show the build number in the desktop corner, it maybe the actual free version?? But the Edge browser now works with Comcast/xfinity e-mails now load. Thanks to all.

xfinitymail22Jul2015.jpg
Regular Contributor

you may now have loaded the build version that will be ultimately launched when w10 is rolled out.

New Poster

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.  Our issue was resolved quite some time ago.  Thanks again.