Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Wierd Msg About HTTP Status 500 and JAVA Language

Frequent Visitor

Wierd Msg About HTTP Status 500 and JAVA Language

When clicking on "CHECK EMAIL", the following was put on my screen (not an incoming message - just this):  What?

HTTP Status 500 - Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException

type Exception report
message Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:978)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:857)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:620)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:842)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
com.comcast.cima.login.agent.session.RealmSessionAuthnAgentFilterImpl.doFilter(RealmSessionAuthnAgentFilterImpl.java:92)
com.comcast.cima.login.agent.BaseRealmAuthnAgentFilter.doFilter(BaseRealmAuthnAgentFilter.java:67)

root cause
java.lang.NullPointerException

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.57 logs.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.57

Email Expert

Re: Wierd Msg About HTTP Status 500 and JAVA Language

I got the same thing when I tried to sign in from the homepage using the email envelope.  When I just used "Sign In" it didn't do it.  I suspect it's browser related but I'm not sure.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Wierd Msg About HTTP Status 500 and JAVA Language

Thanks so much!