Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

When will Comcast fix the 'Sign In' to 'Sign Out'

New Poster

When will Comcast fix the 'Sign In' to 'Sign Out'

After I log into my email I am supposed to have a 'Sign Out' option at the top right of the page. But instead for the last year or so it has changed to staying at 'Sign In', even after I'm logged in. I have to close my browser totally to go back to the pre-authentication step. I was hoping all this time that someone at Comcast's programmers would catch it but not yet.

Hoping its not anything more than a programming oversight. But is there quality testing and auditing at Comcast for the changes made to its web pages?

Service Expert

Re: When will Comcast fix the 'Sign In' to 'Sign Out'

kmdenver wrote:

After I log into my email I am supposed to have a 'Sign Out' option at the top right of the page. But instead for the last year or so it has changed to staying at 'Sign In', even after I'm logged in. I have to close my browser totally to go back to the pre-authentication step. I was hoping all this time that someone at Comcast's programmers would catch it but not yet.

Hoping its not anything more than a programming oversight. But is there quality testing and auditing at Comcast for the changes made to its web pages?

Have you tried removing the cookies for Comcast/Xfinity and then setting your browser to not save cookies?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: When will Comcast fix the 'Sign In' to 'Sign Out'

As I have indicated in my message the Comcast session certificate is released when I close the browser. This has nothing to do with cookies.

I'm hoping Comcast's programmers know better than using cookies for 'Sign In' and 'Sign Out' of a browser session..