Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

When I reply to a message, the sender's name is changed to mine in Inbox list!

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

When I reply to a message, the sender's name is changed to mine in Inbox list!

This is the worst feature of the new system: when I reply to a message, the name of original message sender is changed to mine in the Inbox listing!!  So I can't easly find the original message again, unless I remember the thread subject.  Seems to be related to the way messages in a single thread are held together, but still....this is unacceptable that the Inbox listing of a sender's message is changed like this.  Is there a fix?

Accepted Solution

Re: When I reply to a message, the sender's name is changed to mine in Inbox list!

I see this issue has been broached by others before, with replies but no effective fixes as far as I can tell.  I should add that even the Sent box lists my name as the To person!  At least Mail (and other clients, I presume) behaves normally and identifies the sender and recipient of emails corrrectly, even if the original email has been replied to (or forwarded, etc.)  The original email's sender hasn't changed, so why make it so difficult to locate it after replying to it?  Makes no sense.  

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Re: When I reply to a message, the sender's name is changed to mine in Inbox list!

I see this issue has been broached by others before, with replies but no effective fixes as far as I can tell.  I should add that even the Sent box lists my name as the To person!  At least Mail (and other clients, I presume) behaves normally and identifies the sender and recipient of emails corrrectly, even if the original email has been replied to (or forwarded, etc.)  The original email's sender hasn't changed, so why make it so difficult to locate it after replying to it?  Makes no sense.  

Frequent Visitor

"Accepted Solution?"  What kind of automated insanity is this?  I offered more information about how difficult the problem was, not a solution!!  

Regular Visitor

Any luck with this?  It happens to me as well, and is frustrating.  I spent hours on the phone with tech support to no avail.  They don't understand why this is a problem.  Hoping that someone has a solution for this.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry I took so long to see your message.  So glad you added your complaint, since the Comcast system said the problem had been solved, which it most certainly was not!!!  Apparently, there's a way to change this with Outlook, but I still don't know how to do it with Comcast.  It is such a bizarre defect, making the Inbox almost useless!!  Please, if someone has a solution, please post it!!  Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

I think I may have found the solution!!  Click on "Sort by" on the upper right of the Inbox panel.  Then uncheck "Conversations."  At least the Inbox messages now show the names of the senders!!

New Poster

This works - whoever found this solution - you are brilliant, thank you....Now to try to prevent the conversations being bundled together.

New Poster

Go to "Sort by" om right hand header and UNCHECK Conversations. The messages will then be shown as individual and also by the sender in the address bar.