Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

What's going on with email servers? Cannot open.

New Poster

What's going on with email servers? Cannot open.

I have been attempting to open emails for about 3 hours now. Can receive emails just cannot open them.

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: What's going on with email servers? Cannot open.

You're not alone. Unfortunately. GRRRRRR! I'm tired of this .REALLY tired of this. This isn't rare. I just wrote long, heartfelt message to a friend of 50 years and POOF!...GONE. No draft saved, nothing. I'm P...angry. Texting can also be very hit or miss. I understand that thing happen but this is ridiculous. This is a REGULAR THING. I need RELIABILITY. And I pay a lot of money for it monthly. Enough is enough. I may need to move on after almost 30 years. I'm fed up.
New Poster

The same with me, even on the Xfinity web site.

Frequent Visitor

same here in Ohio, the email  loss is getting old!

Contributor

Same outside of Boston.

Every week a new problem as the bill goes up.

It's time to drop xfinity and find a permanent solution.

The problems are consistant, ongoing and longstanding.

New Poster

exactly; we cannot open messages either

New Poster

Finally got hold of comcast. They said there is an email outage and they are working on it. Don't know when it will be up. They'll call!!! Well great...........

clarks1988 wrote:

I have been attempting to open emails for about 3 hours now. Can receive emails just cannot open them.

New Poster

Was told email servers are down and they are working on it. Don't have an estimated time. Yay!

Frequent Visitor

The same thing is happening with my Xfinity Mail .... I have three accounts; that is one primary, and 2 secondary e-mail accounts ( addresses ).

Just today I get an address of who sent the e-mail in my inbox, but the timer arrow going around in a circle, continues, about 60 seconds, then I get a pop up saying comcast server timed out before the message can be displayed??? ..... Please Try Later! 

Another says, Failed to load message content; yadda yadda yadda.....

Contributor

Don't hold your breath.  They have been know to extend into the followind day(s).

Regular Contributor

Appreciate the updates everyone, Calling Comcast to me is always a last resort! Again, thanks for the update.
Regular Contributor

"Lumpy 1" HEHE! I love it man! Peace to you and yours...
New Poster

THEY ARE USELESS AND THIS IS REGULAR ISSUE - EVERY MONTH SOMETHNG ELSE. YOU WILL NEVER SEE A REFUND BUT PRICES GO UP. I AM GOING TO VERIZON TOMORROW.

New Poster

ITS TIME TO GO TO VERIZON. COMCAST IS USELESS AND PRICE GOES UP AND SERVICE GOES DOWN. 

New Poster

AGREE - RIDICULOUS AND TIME TO LEAVE COMCAST - THEY ARE USELESS 

New Poster

Unclear on how long the issue will remain -- my observation:

E-mails are slowly arriving -- a couple here, a couple there, and I have received ~50 over the last two hours with most of those 50 arriving in a single chunk about 30 min ago.  What I've discovered is that many of these are copies of e-mails that have already downloaded (I have my Mac set to only download new e-mails).  The new Comcast e-mail system has apparently caused the Mac OS and iOS Mail Apps to see all e-mails as new -- for my accounts, there are ~900 e-mails on the server (I can at least see the # of messages online, but cannot load them) and my Mac is trying to download them all.  I'm certain that less than 30 are actually 'new' e-mails.  If every Comcast account  with an Apple Device has the same issue, then the servers are simply overwhelmed -- the servers cannot respond in a timely fashion.  Certainly unexpected, and probably unanticipated, by Comcast.

Contributor

Same here.  I received a couple test emails that I sent to myself, and one outside email someone sent.  I had sent one from my other email account and it has not arrived yet. Very sporadic.