Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

What is wrong with Comcast's SPAM / Phishing Filtering? Bank Scams

New Poster

What is wrong with Comcast's SPAM / Phishing Filtering? Bank Scams

What in the world is wrong with Comcast's SPAM / Phishing filters?

In just the last week, I have gotten scam emails from people pretenting to be Bank of America, Suntrust, Wells Fargo, and Key Bank.  Not to mention the dozens of other phishing emails over the past few months.  Luckily, I use none of these banks.

How many of your customers are going to be scammed into providing their banking details in these phishing emails before you fix it?  I don't have this issue with gmail or outlook.com.  

Tags (3)
New Poster

Re: What is wrong with Comcast's SPAM / Phishing Filtering? Bank Scams

My company is getting HAMMERED with these as well. It used to be AOL and Yahoo accounts that sent all these messages. Either we will soon hear about some massive Comcast data breach  or (as you mentioned) they have gotten extremely lax in their email security practices.

Contributor

Switch to Gmail.
New Poster

I use gmail. At home. These are phishing scams directly target at businesses. The company finance Dept gets an email from the “CEO” telling them a vendor needs to be paid ASAP via ACH/EFT.

My gmail does capture virtually all phishing attempts but I can’t compare apples to apples with this type of message. I don’t think they would trigger many filters because they start off in a very generic manner. Example. “Hey Mary, are you in the office?”
Contributor

I think they might.

Google offers GSuite, which is a Google account for businesses. You can use Gmail with your own domain name and corporate branding.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation