Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Website Emails being blocked

Frequent Visitor

Website Emails being blocked

I am still not receiving emails from certain legitimate websites. This has been going on for two months now. These are legitimate companies that I was getting daily emails and offers from and then they suddenly stopped coming. I contacted each company and they say it is not on their end, which makes sense, seeing that it is happening on more than one company. Yes, I did the obvious and checked my trash/ spam folders. I called Comcast on this and got to the level two security techs, but still no help. These are companies like: CVS, Keurig, Puritan Pride, Staples and more. I want Comcast to stop blocking my emails. Do I need a new IP address? Would that help? Any help out there? Thanks, Mark D.
Expert

Re: Website Emails being blocked

I have escalated this to the forum admins for follow-up.  You should see a response in this thread from an employee.  I  use Puritan's Pride myself and I have no issues getting their emails.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much. It has been very frustrating. I can't wait to hear from someone. Thanks again, Mark
Official Employee

Hi Markjd, I can look into this for you.  Could you  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, username and phone number).

Thank you 

New Poster

I'm experiencing a similar issue with Netflix. Whenever I log on to the site a message appears telling me that "my email address may be invalid due to them being unable to reach me at my listed address". I've double-verified that the address they have on file is accurate and even added them to my address book (netflix@netflix.com, discship@dvd.com, and info@dvd.com). I'm at a loss as to where to go next so I thought I'd reach out here. Thanks in advance,
Gold Problem Solver

@madcal1 wrote: ... a message appears telling me that "my email address may be invalid due to them being unable to reach me at my listed address". ...

Are the messages in your webmail Spam folder? If not, check your Spam settings. Make sure that "Enable spam filtering" and "Save a copy of emails marked as spam" are both selected (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience).

... I've double-verified that the address they have on file is accurate and even added them to my address book ...

Adding the sender's address to your address book won't help -- Comcast doesn't refer to it when deciding whether a message is spam. They should, but they don't.

New Poster

Thanks BruceW, I didn't have the "Save copy of emails marked as spam" checked but that has been changed. I can't imagine I marked all three as spam but to err is human so one never knows. Additionally, based of your comment about the address book, I've added a filter for the three Netflix addresses I had mentioned in my previous post. Time will tell and I'll update this post when I find out more. -madcal1
Gold Problem Solver

@madcal1 wrote: ... I've added a filter for the three Netflix addresses ....

Worth a try, but AIUI filters only run on mail delivered to the Inbox. Since Comcast delivers mail they consider spam to the Spam folder and not the Inbox, filters don't act on such mail.

If messages that shouldn't be treated as spam are being delivered to your Spam folder, their Security Assurance group might be able to help you. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Without their help, the only thing you can do to prevent messages from going to the Spam folder is to turn spam filtering off completely so that everything they deliver is placed in the Inbox.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the help Bruce...... But like I said, they are not even making it to my spam folder, or trash or anywhere. They are TOTALLY being blocked and not even getting close to my email or IP address. One of the companies even told me they are being sent back to them as "undeliverable,", that was HGTV. Thanks, Mark
Expert

@madcal1 wrote:
Thanks BruceW, I didn't have the "Save copy of emails marked as spam" checked but that has been changed. I can't imagine I marked all three as spam but to err is human so one never knows. Additionally, based of your comment about the address book, I've added a filter for the three Netflix addresses I had mentioned in my previous post. Time will tell and I'll update this post when I find out more. -madcal1

FWIW, I get regular emails from Netflix with no issues.  You need to call the number BruceW posted and have them look at your account.

New Poster

That's the funny thing, I haven't received an email from Netflix for over a month. There is nothing in my Spam folder. Granted I cleared the folder last night in hopes that notification of a DVD delivery is forthcoming. but nothing is there. I'll reach out to the number you cited as well as contact Netflix about the issue. You've been a great help and I thank you for your input. -madcal1
New Poster

Okay, issue resolved. After speaking with the Security Assurance group and getting to Tier 2 they were really no help. So I reached out to Netflix and asked them to verify that they could reach my account by sending me a dummy email. I received the email and they, Netflix, took the 'Invalid Email' flag off of my account. Not exactly sure what happened there as neither parties were really helpful in explaining the situation. Chalking it up to one of those Internet flukes where, for some reason, an email was bounced. Netflix raised red flags and I was constantly met with the message. Thanks to everyone here who reached out with suggestions on how to resolve my issue. I appreciate the support. -madcal1
Frequent Visitor

Madcall... Glad your issue was resolved. I too had no luck with the Tier 2 security level at Comcast, but yesterday I tried again, after 45 minutes on the phone with Tier 2, he told me they are going 'escalate' my problem further and took my phone numbers, etc. and they are going to contact me after the investigation. I have 5 companies that are being blocked, so calling each one individually does not seem feasible. Definitely a Comcast issue. Hope it is totally resolved for you.. Take care, Mark D.