Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Webmail from field

New Poster

Webmail from field

Asking about how email displays on MY screen, not who I send it to.
When I answer an email, no matter who it came from, once my response sends, the "from" field changes from the name of the person who emailed me to my name.
So... if I get an email from Joe Smith, "Joe Smith" shows in the "from" field. As soon as I respond and hit "send", the "from" field changes to MY name, so that if I'm looking for that email again, what I see is a bunch of emails with my own name in the "from" column, instead of the name I'm looking for.
How do I fix this?
Thanks

Email Expert

Re: Webmail from field

You don't fix it.  What you are describing is the normal behavior of any email program.  When you hit "Reply", you become the sender, not the person you are replying to.  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Webmail from field

Thanks for your response. I've never had this happen before. Been using computers for a couple of decades, same webmail. Up until this problem, the "from" field on my screen always showed the person who sent the email to me, whether I've responded or not. My wife is on the same ISP (obviously) using the same webmail program, and this doesn't happen with her account on her computer.
Soooo.... something has changed.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation