Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Web page readability

Regular Visitor

Web page readability

I find I must almost double the size of type in my browser and other pages in order to read them easily. Surely I can't be alone on this. Basic Page Design would tell us that reader accommodation is paramount. If so, why would any designer set body type in a light gray font against a white background? The mind boggles. What has happened to good black type? Set headlines, if you must, in a lighter font, but please please not body type. Elementary, my dear Watson.

Service Expert

Re: Web page readability

Fryby wrote:

I find I must almost double the size of type in my browser and other pages in order to read them easily. Surely I can't be alone on this. Basic Page Design would tell us that reader accommodation is paramount. If so, why would any designer set body type in a light gray font against a white background? The mind boggles. What has happened to good black type? Set headlines, if you must, in a lighter font, but please please not body type. Elementary, my dear Watson.

We've been complaining about that for a number of years now, to no avail.  What's worse is that it seems to be some kind of a trend in web design across the internet, so it's not just Comcast.  Whomever started it should hang their head in shame.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Web page readability

Thank you. I was certain I couldn't be the only one bothered. I agree that it is a trend among designers. Doesn't anyone consider readability (as opposed to appearance) anymore, or take a reader survey??