Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

WatchESPN (ESPN3) cannot find Comcast log on info.

New Poster

WatchESPN (ESPN3) cannot find Comcast log on info.

I use ESPN3 mainly on an iPad. In the last few weeks, I've been unable to access it. You have to choose your provider (ESPN3 access is free with Comcast) and get a list of ISPs. Choosing Caomcast just gets a 404 File Not Found error. (Choosing other providers brings up their log on screen, just as Comcast used to do)

I have tried deleting and reloading the ESPN3 app; deleting cookies etcetera. I tried Comcast chat and the tech reset my account (not sure what that means) but it clearly isn't a problem with my account, as I don't get the chance to ever put my account info in.  ESPN Help says it's a COmcast problem. Comcast says it's ESPN!!

Regular Visitor

Re: WatchESPN (ESPN3) cannot find Comcast log on info.

did you ever resolve this problem? I am getting the same error and today is July 9. So that means this is been going on for quite some time. I think this has to be an ESPN error as they have the wrong address for the server.
Frequent Visitor

Same problem for me on both my smartphone and tablet  It's Sept 1. Chat is escalating to tier 2 but I am not holding my breath. 

New Poster

This has taken way too long to resolve. Does ESPN have any support line to contact? Clearly their portal is pointing to a dated authentication page that Comcast no longer uses. I'm sure the proper people at Comcast could also reach out to the appropriate contacts at ESPN to get this fixed also.

Frequent Visitor

This problem persisted on both my tablet and my smartphone from the first time I tried at about 11AM until about 8PM despite repeated reboots and uninstalls. Two separate chats with Comcast support were not helpful.  Then, at about 9PM,  the authorization process on both devices started working normally and I was able to watch ESPN. I did get a call back from Comcast the next day.  They could not offer any thoughts about the source of the problem or why it started working but did mention that this problem had been experienced by others.

During the time when I could not get authorized through the watchespn app on my tablet or smartphone, I was able to view espn programming on my laptop. The espn live streaming website did not ask me for my Comcast credentials though, so I imagine that some previous authorization was still in effect.   

New Poster

Having this problem now. Tried two different android phones both show the 404 error only when choosing comcast xfinity as provider, other providers show their proper login screens. I was able to get it working by turning the WiFi on my phone off so it was on LTE, login to comcast xfinity through the watchespn app then turn wifi back on.

Hope this helps someone else.

New Poster

The issue is with those lousy cheating lying cable providers like comcast. I was having issues on laptop, contacted comcast and they said unauthorized, needing a package. The error was

"Unfortunately, this network is not included in your current XFINITY TV service"

working with comcast was a debacle. over 3 hours 5 chat sessions and they say its not included, you need an extra package but could never get what package was REALLY needed. From their own web page it is clearly stated that it is included.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/what-is-espn3/ and the paragraph

How to Get ESPN3

You need to have an XFINITY Internet subscription (any level of service) or have an XFINITY TV package that includes the ESPN channel to get ESPN3.

I have both a internet sub and digital package that has espn. This is clearly a violation of espn3 I would think also, trying to milk more money out of customers from comcast. REVOLT, call comcast and tell them contact espn and complain.No other cable provider I have had needed extra money to have access to espn3 on my laptop and I have had 4 others. This is why comcast is awful and their customer service is even worse.