Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

WHY sent eMAIL TO ME THAT you will stop the service within 12 hours and asking MY #SS,CREDIT CARD ?

Regular Visitor

WHY sent eMAIL TO ME THAT you will stop the service within 12 hours and asking MY #SS,CREDIT CARD ?

WHAT IS THE REASON YOU SENT ME WARNING EMAIL THAT YOU WILL DISCONNECT THE SERVICE UNLESS PROVIDE MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS AND CREDIT CARD NUMBERS etc.

Service Expert

Re: WHY sent eMAIL TO ME THAT you will stop the service within 12 hours and asking MY #SS,CREDIT CA

@julianakangchoi wrote:

WHAT IS THE REASON YOU SENT ME WARNING EMAIL THAT YOU WILL DISCONNECT THE SERVICE UNLESS PROVIDE MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS AND CREDIT CARD NUMBERS etc.

Comcast didn't send that email to you.  That was someone pretending to be Comcast trying to get your personal information.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: WHY sent eMAIL TO ME THAT you will stop the service within 12 hours and asking MY #SS,CREDIT ...

Hello julianakangchoi, the information that (Again) shared is correct. We will never send an email requesting you to confirm your account information or your personal information such as your SSN or credit card numbers. Can you provide the email address that you received the email from? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation